Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reweb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 05:09 PM
    What type of pipe for buried water line?
    Hello,

I had a pipe break recently in the water line running to a workshop behind my house. The existing pipe is galvanized that was buried and eventually rusted through. I want to abandon the pipe completely and run a new line.

I am on a budget so... What about the white plastic pipe? What type should I use for servicing mini kitchen, shower, toilet, etc...

Also is galvanized a good choice? Probably not because it rusted out? It may be fifty years old though.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Go with PVC, Schedule #40 for the service line. Go with CPVC, Schedule #40 in the workshop. Good luck, Tom
    reweb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

Loud Bangs Coming from PVC waste pipe and Hot Water Copper Line [ 6 Answers ]

A year ago I had a crack and leak in our PVC waste pipe just behind our family room wall close to the first story floor. The plumber opened up the drywall and cut out the cracked portion (2 feet) which exended from just behind the family room wall down to the basement and replaced it with a new...

Water line [ 1 Answers ]

My water line in my house all of a sudden started making a whistling noise it does not do it all the time I heard only the toilet and the washer doing it not the sinks:

Connecting PVC Line to Cast Iron pipe [ 5 Answers ]

I am adding a second bathroom to an older 1-1/2 story house. I had planned to tie into the existing waste line. The existing toilet is on the first floor and discharges directly into a vertical cast iron pipe which appears to be 6 inches in diameter. This vertical pipe connects in the crawl space...

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search