Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauriealbert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 01:04 PM
    What does the code AF mean on my whirlpool cabrio dryer?
    What does the code AF on my whirlpool cabrio dryer mean?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 01:34 PM
    The AF indicates an insufficient air flow.

If you type your question into a Google search, you will find that this is a VERY COMMON problem with this particular model. There are posts all over the web about it.

Good luck with it!
    sneakr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2010, 10:43 AM
    Clean your dryer ventilation ducts (not just the ends)! I did this today after seeing "AF" for a year on my dryer. The "AF" has disappeared and my laundry dried in 25-30 minutes instead of the 3 hours it had been taking.
    jodandy14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 08:21 AM
    If you take your leaf blower and tape it to the duct in the wall ,turn it on high all the trapped lint will blow out, it takes a while, and you will litter the neighborhood with lint, so do it at night this will fix the problem without paying someone!
    wibs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2013, 10:28 PM
    That's assuming the bloke attaches while indoors and vents outward. LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer [ 16 Answers ]

We just had a new Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer (electric) installed today. I dried some towels and noticed an unusually loud humming and vibrating sound. I wouldn't expect this from a product with a "very good" noise rating rated by consumer reports. It's much louder than my old 17 year old...

Error code E1 Whirlpool Senseon Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer keeps shutting off and I get an error code where the time remaining usually is that flashes E1. The only thing the manual says is to contact a repairman. I called someone a friend recommended and he cleaned it out but really didn't know anything else to do? Any help would be appreciated

Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer [ 17 Answers ]

We purchased new Whirlpool Cabrio Washer & Dryer set from Sears. The washer has worked fine, but the dryer has not. The dryer was delivered and had a small dent on the front of the door. When we put clothes in the dryer and start it, the dryer is extremely loud. It sometimes has a piercing...

Whirlpool Dryer sets code E1 and shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Calipso Dryer, when I dry clothes it will set a code E1 and shuts down. I was told that the thermostat was bad so I replaced it (part #3390291). This did not solve the problem. I have removed the lower front cover so that I could watch the element while the dryer ran. The element...

Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

A sponge fell down the opening of the "lint catcher" while it was out because I was removing back up lint. While the lint catcher fits back in, I do not know if it is dangerous to leave the sponge down there, and if so, I do not know how to get it out--tried with a hanger but couldn't catch on to...

View more questions Search