Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terencio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 02:14 PM
    The application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting down
    I get this message together with a "doomp" sound when I shut down or restart the computer. The attachment is from system in event viewer:)
    Attached Images

fanaudi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 09:58 AM
    I got the same issue some time ago until I discovered it was caused by " Magic Tune " from Samsung , a soft that alows you to set up your screen ( Samsung SyncMaster 931 boyfriend ) in place of having to manipulate the several knobs under the screen . I could easily fix the problem once this had been found . Finding the application is the real hard thing to solve .
    ddawson100 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 08:46 PM

It's hard to read what it says there after application pop-up but I think it's DWWIN. I googled that to find that it's a Windows app called Dr Watson which is actually called by Windows to record serious application problems in general. So, I think this is something crashing when you shut down and that causing Dr Watson to launch and Dr Watson crashes because Windows is shutting down. Anyhoo, what you have to do is track down what crashed and caused Dr Watson to launch in the first place. It's going to take some trial and error and shutting down the computer just to see if you've identified the right thing.

My *guess* or *hunch* is that something is running when you start your computer that is causing a problem and it doesn't actually show the problem until you go to shut down. If that's the case it's probably something you don't even know about and is misbehaving. If I'm right about that, the thing you'll need to do is clean up what it starting automatically when you boot your computer.

I would find a tool that determines what loads at startup on your computer and disable or uninstall it. You can use any of many tools to do this but my favorite app is called StartUp Control Panel by Mike Lin. http://www.mlin.net/files/StartupCPL_EXE.zip

You'll download and run that. First you'll see that there are many different ways that apps can launch at startup. You'll also see how many there are. If there's something you don't recognize or use, you can disable that from running at startup and then reboot to see if the error message pops up on the next shutdown. Good luck!
    fanaudi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2010, 03:20 AM
    Thank you very much ddawnson100 and thanks also for the link .
    As previously said , " Finding the application is indeed the real hard thing to solve " .
    It had no problem with solving the issue itself .
    Best regards .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

Failed to initialize dll [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got a problem! Every time I shut my PC down I get this error I'we tried everything from CC- and regerstry cleaners too dll solvers, but nothing seems to help, the error is Memofl~1.EXE failed to initialize dll what to do ?

Lift station [ 1 Answers ]

I am insalling a lift sation on a one bedroom cabin. 3in intake with 2in discharge . Do I vent where it goes into the lift or the 2in dischrge out to the septic tank. Thank you Luis

Gas Station [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about starting a Gas Station with a business plan & all?

What is Station.C spyware [ 3 Answers ]

What is spyware Station.C

View more questions Search