Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rand_tedronai Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 03:56 PM
    At what age can a person leave home without parental permission in West Virginia?
    Hey, just wanting to know what the rules/laws are in West Virginia on when someone can leave home without parental permission. I know some states say 18, but can someone at 18 still leave even if they are still in school? Any advice would help, especially if you have a background as a lawyer. Thanks in advance.

R.T.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 04:58 PM

If the age of majority in your state is 18 then 18 it is. It's that simple.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 06:39 PM

Advice, stay in school and finsih, then move out, the odds of you finishing school if you move out is slim and your job choices without a high school education is much much lower
    rand_tedronai Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 02:46 PM

This question pertained to my girlfriend. Just checking on all our options, just in case. As for school, whether she lives at home or not, she'll still be finishing up school. Thanks for the help and advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2010, 03:15 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Age to Leave Home [ 3 Answers ]

My grandson is 16 his mother sent him to me because of promblems at home . Now she wants him to come home, he does not want to. His mother lives in Georgia and I live in flordia. Does he have to go back?

Person will not leave my home [ 4 Answers ]

I am renting a property. I let my child's father live with me to get himself together. It has been months; it looks like he is getting comfortable and not looking to move on. We do not get along, I just didn't want to see him on the streets, but the stress is getting to me and I have asked him to...

Legal age to leave home in MA? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend is 17 and we would like to get a place together. Her father was willing to pay first, last, and security if we found a place, however, he does not want to have to do that AND continue paying child support and her mom is against the idea of no longer receiving child support. Her mom...

View more questions Search