Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    becdcar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 12:16 PM
    Child physical abuse, statute of limitations
    I was physically/emotionally abuse from 5-18 in the state of OK by step mother and sister and sexually at 11 by paternal uncle. What are the statutes of limitations to report/charge the abuser?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 22, 2010, 12:45 PM

The physical / emotional one is a charge that should have been brought at the time. As far as the other there is no statue of limitations on sex crimes against children. How old are you now and why are you bringing it up?
    becdcar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    The physical / emotional one is a charge that should have been brought at the time. As far as the other there is no statue of limitations on sex crimes against children. How old are you now and why are you bringing it up?
    I am 38.. . I was really only curious. Thank you for your time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a statute of limitations on child molestation? [ 9 Answers ]

My parents divorced when I was 3. Every other weekend my brother, my sister and myself had visitation with my father. A male cousin who was often at my father's house, would try constantly to molest my sister, my brother and myself. He always tried to do this while we were sleeping. He would...

Statute of limitations on child molestation [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what the statute of limitations is on child molestation in the state of Michigan. I had heard that it was ten years or until the child's 21st birthday... is that true? And also I had moved out of state when I was 18 so wondering which state's law applies to me... the state in...

Statute of Limitations on Spousal Abuse [ 17 Answers ]

Hi all- I am wondering if anyone can tell me the statute of limitations regarding spousal abuse in North Carolina? I have had no luck finding an answer online. Thanks a lot!

Statute of Limitations for physical abuse [ 2 Answers ]

I need an exact answer on how long the statute of limitations is for the state California, Los Angeles County. What if both parties have abused each other? But what if they are in court for only one person at a time and there was never any reports made on the other at the time of abuse. Physical...

Statue of limitations regarding physical abuse [ 3 Answers ]

I was physically abused in 2003 , I agreed to pay my exhusband for fixing up the family home. He hit me and injured my hands I now want to deduct my surgeries from what I owe him,is that possible?

View more questions Search