Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terstarr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
    Can I adjust my Kenmore washer timer dial?
    My 2007 kenmore washer (model 27741600) is having an issue with the timer dial. The washer fills, agitates, rinses, and spins, but none of these happen according to the dial. If you start a load at the beginning of a cycle, it will "end" filled with soapy water (as if it is in soak mode). You can spin the dial around and find a spot where it will rinse or spin, but you have to guess at where that might be on the dial. It seems as if the dial got bumped out of whack. Is it possible the dial is miscalibrated? Can it be readjusted or realligned so it will start the washer in the correct stage of the wash cycle?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 07:45 PM

Probably. I can't locate the model on www.searspartsdirect.com

Make sure the washer is unplugged.
    In general there are three methods to attach a dial:

1) Look for two set screws about 90 deg apart.
    2) Look to see if there is a cover on the dial that can EASILY be removed.
    3) It pulls off

SO, once you figure out how to get the dial off, then either it has to re-tightened in the correct place or the timer fastening to the panel needs to be tighened.

You may need an allen (hex) key to remove the knob. At least have an idea where off is when you try to remove the knob. Assume that the knob moved forward.

Inspect the knob to see if it's loose. I would expect light pressure clockwise/counter-clockwise will make it wiggle.
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Mar 20, 2010, 07:24 PM

Nope. Timer knobs are absolutely not adjustable on any washing machine produced in the last 20 years. They are keyed to only go on one way. The ONLY way the pointer is in the wrong position is if something is broken. Some knobs come off from the front, some are released from the back side of the timer inside the console. Most are plastic, so if you push/pull too hard, it gets broken anyway. Sometimes the "pointer" doesn't have anything to do with the actual knob. The best way to figure out what is going on is to have someone who knows what it is supposed to do actually look at the machine. Should be pretty easy to figure out; maybe for just a trip charge. Could save you a lot of time, money and frustration. Familiarity with design will be critical to solving this problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer only fills w/ water timer settings do not work. [ 0 Answers ]

HI, My Kenmore is 5 yrs old model # 110.25862400 I started a load of laundry today. I pushed the timer to start a load. The water filled up and that was it. I tried different settings and cycles on the timer still nothing. No sound, no movement, just dead. There was no previous indication...

Wiring a wall timer (dial type) [ 9 Answers ]

Replacing an old timer which runs the jets on a whirlpool tub. Wall has 2 wire bundles, each with black, white, bare copper. Current timer uses the 2 black wires only. No markings on timer indicating anything about the wires. New timer has connections for black, white, and red. Can I...

Kenmore washing machine timer dial knob [ 1 Answers ]

This older model of Kenmore top loading washing machine has the type of dial that pulls out to select and push in to start. My dial will pull out to select, but not really engage. Will push in but does not start the machine! Help! Don't know where to begin.

View more questions Search