Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Schuylern Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Kitchen Aid Dishwasher blinking lights
    I currently have a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher with the rinse only cancel lights blinking with no responses from the touch panel. What I did was recycle the power, tried to put it in diagnostic and no thing happened. Need some help?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 14, 2006, 09:41 PM
    Turn the breaker off, wait a few mintues and turn it back on, maybe this will clear the error. It's a wild shot, but it only takes a couple of minutes and is free. Maybe it just needs to reset.

As far as what codes mean, well, you have to have a service manual to tell you what different errors mean, I don't have manuals for residential washers.

Based on what you said, if resetting it doesn't work, then Id be suspecting a board. Check your owners manual for any troubleshooting tips it might offer.

Please respond if you have additional questions or comments.
    varnisher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 12:54 PM
    We had a "clean dishes" light flashing. After waiting for service for several days, the serviceman simply reset the dishwasher and it was fine. The reset sequence is to close the soap dispenser door, close the dishwasher door, and toggle between hitting high temp scrub and energy save dry several times until all the leds light up. Let go and it is reset. In our case it was a minimum temp problem that didn't reoccur. If there is really some other problem I imagine that the fault will simply reoccur. We could not reset the dishwasher by powering it off. The repair tech said that people are generally unhappy to pay $130 to have someone come out and push a couple of buttons but it isn't in the manual. Hope this helps but I have no idea how it will apply to your problem or specific dishwasher.
    locos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 08:36 PM
    For KitchenAid Whirlpool KUDS01FLSS0 -- When the clean light is blinking or flashing 7 times in a row and no other front panel controls will work, do the following:

Push SaniRinse-EnergySaverDry- SaniRinse - Energy Saver Dry
    (Try the Heated Dry button if you don't have a Energy Saver Dry button)

All the lights will then come on as this will put the unit into diagnostic mode.
    Then, push Cancel after about 10 seconds. You are no longer locked out. Run the dishwasher normally.

References:
    https://secured.whirlpool.com/Service/SrvTechAdm.nsf/d12cd4888abce86285256a42005ea985/3976dc6fea92e1c385256fc4006611c9/$FILE/8178496.pdf

http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%208557727.pdf

waterheater Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Correct. Refer to the service manual and the tech sheet for recommended service procedures for your dishwasher. Your KitchenAid dishwasher model number can be found behind the door.

Service Manual Reference:
    http://www.allrepairmanuals.com/kitchenaid-dishwasher.htm
    mydishwasher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Hit any sequens of keys (123 123 123 )three times in a row then close door. It will start the Diagnostic Tests. Do not open door. Wait for entire Diagnostic Tests to end.
    dwhodder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Very helpful.

I replaced the pump motor (bearing was out) as detailed elsewhere in this forum. Still didn't work. Replaced the heat fuse in the front panel as I've done before. Still didn't work. Clean light blinking?!

Ok, that means I've got power to the control panel, I know everything is hooked up correctly (yes, I took it all back out and checked again). What the heck

Finally found this thread about reset codes. Thank you! Field testing as I write this. So far, so good.

Yup, it all works. Thanks for the advice.
    gbiles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 05:07 AM
    This posted combo worked like a champ for me. My Clean light was blinking and nothing would work - Kitchenaid.

-->Push buttons SaniRinse-EnergySaverDry-SaniRinse-Energy Saver Dry
    (Try the Heated Dry button if you don't have a Energy Saver Dry button)

All the lights will then come on as this will put the unit into diagnostic mode.
    Then, push Cancel after about 10 seconds. You are no longer locked out. Run the dishwasher normally.<--

I let mine run through the whole diagnostics and it's working again.
    kinirys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 12:20 PM
    SaniRinse and Heat Dry worked to reset it. We'll see if it actually works now. This dishwasher sucks. Good thing I bought extended warrantee. We have had the service guy out here 3 times. He even replaced the control panel and heating coil. Dishwasher still doesn't work. It worked fine for 2 years, and now it's been a year of not working. I will never buy one again
    percykim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2012, 09:47 PM
    I press the heatdry button and now the control is locked.

No other control buttons will light up.

The control lock button just blinking.
    percykim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by percykim View Post
    I press the heatdry button and now the control is locked.

No other control buttons will light up.

The control lock button just blinking.
    What do I do?
    mwbilbo7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 02:54 PM
    I took the motor out and I and it wasn't reset the control pane but my mother still but my motor still hums like it's locked up. Do I need to replace the motor?
    kitchenaidcrud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 06:24 AM
    Terrible machine... nothing works
    kitchenaidcrud Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 06:25 AM
    Never again... nothing but problems with this dishwasher
    gardenmaven Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2013, 02:30 PM
    I have a 15 yo KitchenAid Quiet Scrub Dishwasher.Well done and many thanks. Worked like a charm! I just pressed the normal and energy saver dry buttons in that order and twice. Opened and closed the soap dispenser (probably wasn't necessasry but what the heck). Closed the door and started a normal wash and it was good to go.
    Ps my problem was when starting the normal wash the "clean" green light and the red "cancel" button went on and it cycled out and the wash didn't start. I tried to start the normal, pots and pans and rinse cycle many times to no effect till I tried the above recommendation and it worked - very grateful. Thanks again!
    bbrown2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 08:00 AM
    You said "When the clean light is blinking or flashing 7 times in a row and no other front panel controls will work, do the following:

Push SaniRinse-EnergySaverDry- SaniRinse - Energy Saver Dry
    (Try the Heated Dry button if you don't have a Energy Saver Dry button)"

THANKS!. it fixed mine. Easy procedure.. Greatly appreciated your efforts for posting
    fbabcleob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 05:57 PM
    Heavy duty light blinking. Cannot get SaniRinse and Heat Dry to light when I try to do the reset.
    justiced Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2013, 01:37 AM
    This thing is a hycondriwASHER. It has issues all of the time. The control panel is obviously not correctly covered or sealed.. Or it was designed by people in their first year of High School shop. WE have had one problem after another--NONE of the self help ideas work. ONE Time I unplugged it and reconnected it after just leaving it alone all night long... It then ran well for a few washes-- got tired and started having several problems at the same time.

HOWEVER THE CONTROL PANEL IS THE BUG HERE. GET IT TOGETHER GUYS-- NO I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS AND I AM GOIING TO RESEARCH WHICH COMPANIES ARE RELATED TO THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A KITCHEN AID. The the real truth is that I need aid after trying to deal with this junk.
    DavidC768 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2015, 05:40 AM
    We had a "clean dishes" light flashing. After waiting for service for several days, the serviceman simply reset the dishwasher and it was fine. The reset sequence is to close the soap dispenser door, close the dishwasher door, and toggle between hitting high temp scrub and energy save dry several times until all the leds light up. Let go and it is reset. In our case it was a minimum temp problem that didn't reoccur. If there is really some other problem I imagine that the fault will simply reoccur. We could not reset the dishwasher by powering it off. The repair tech said that people are generally unhappy to pay $130 to have someone come out and push a couple of buttons but it isn't in the manual. Hope this helps but I have no idea how it will apply to your problem or specific dishwasher.
    Thank you for saving me a service call. Ours drains into the sink through the garbage disposal, which was full and kept the dishwasher from draining. The clean light was flashing in 3's, and wouldn't reset by turning off the breaker. Thanks to your comment from 7 years ago I was able to reset it and we're good again.

Thanks for leaving the comment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire Dishwasher Lights Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

My Frigidaire Dishwasher model # FDB989RCS0 won't run. Has all of the following lights flashing: Sensing, Washing, Drying, Sanitized, Clean. ANy ideas on what this indicates is wrong ? Thanks

No hot water in kitchen sink or dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

There is no hot water in the kitchen sink. If you let it flow on high for a few minutes, it gets tepid. I have felt the water in the dishwasher in the middle of a cycle and it is cold. The hot water is fine in the 3 bathrooms. We have tried flushing the hot water heater, but that did not help. Any...

Kitchen Sink, Dishwasher and Washer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my son was cleaning a fish tank and spilled gravel evidently down the bathtub drain, ever since on occasion the kitchen sink, dishwasher and washer back up into that tub, this will last sometimes for days then stop... then suddenly begin to occur again. Best ways to clear whatevers causing...

View more questions Search