Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raypadgett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 08:13 AM
    Convert Special Warranty deeds to General Warranty deeds
    Can you convert a special warranty deed, deed of bargain & sale and quit claim deed to a general warranty deed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 08:31 AM

I can only speak for what I have done, I often by property from tax sales ( different names for their deeds in other states, and I buy a lot of homes from the owners under quit claim deed for various reasons.

After a complete title search I will at times if I have to sell them under a different form of deed, but the type of deed I have makes no different to me and my ownership since I own it, how I sell it to someone else makes a differece to them.

I don't want to sell under warranty deeds if I don't have to, since I don't want the hassle of possible liablity latter, but do if I have to, I would never sell without title insurance to protect me as a seller.

And if possible ( not on tax sales) get title insurance to protect me as a buyer also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quit claim deeds lists 6, special warranty lists 2: who owns it? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother recently passed. She changed her trust from 6 to 4 children, removing 2 from receiving anything. The older real estate quit claim deed listed all six. A newer real estate special warranty deed lists only two (co-trustees) . Who owns the property? And how do we proceed? A quit claim...

Warranty deeds [ 2 Answers ]

An original warranty deed for property has a restrictive covenant in it which reads: " It is agreed between the parties hereto that the above property shall not be used for any commerical purposes whatsoever and is limited to residential use only by the parties of the second part, their heirs or...

Warranty deeds [ 1 Answers ]

What is a warranty deed and in buying property that has such a deed what does the buyer have to do to protect them self and have it legal

Warranty deeds [ 3 Answers ]

If I were to transfer my real estate with mortgages on them into separate LLC's and later get a default judgement or lawsuit against me. Can the person that has the default judgement against me lien the property in the LLC or cause me to have to sell the property now in the LLC? Thanks Jeff in...

Warranty deeds [ 1 Answers ]

My niece wants to buy a double-wide and put it on our property. She says she needs to provice her lender a warranty deed so that they will know they can come on the property if it becomes necessard to re-po the double-wide. Is this on the up-and-up?

View more questions Search