Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kentconers Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 04:07 PM
    What size orifice does it take to convert natural gas to LP in a furnace
    What size orifice is needed to convert natural gas to lp in a kenmore furnace model 867779020?

Mar 10, 2010, 04:08 PM

What size orifice do I need to convert natural gas to lp. Furnace is a Kenmore model 867779020
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2010, 04:11 PM
    The size that comes with the changeover kit that is bought for your model 86779020
    It takes more than just changing the orfices

Mar 10, 2010, 04:14 PM

Yes I know that the spring in the gas valve needs to be changed and that the gas pressures need to be adjusted to 10.5" WC. But I don't know where to find a conversion kit
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 06:13 PM
    Have you tried Sears parts?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2010, 07:36 PM

Try www.searspartsdirect.com

Mar 10, 2010, 07:56 PM
    Yeah when I search there website, it found the parts but they were not authorized to sell by the manufacture. They also wopuld not show me what orifice size was needed
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 08:19 PM
    ICP and Heil use the same part number orifices. The question is which one is for LP and can the furnace be converted to LP safetly. As you are aware the LP orifice will be a smaller drill bit number size than the one fromnatural gas.Good hunting.

Mar 12, 2010, 04:13 PM

On most lp furnaces the orifice size for LP is a 55. And I can't find anywhere that I can buy the conversion kit & yes this furnace is safe to use with LP. Does anyone know another place other than sears that I could go to order the conversion kit??
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Your local HVAC company/tech, should be able to get and install one, most hvac supply houses won`t sell to anyone that's not trained and a qualified hvac machanic or contractor,, lots of liability involved when dealing with gas appliances

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I convert a whirlpool clothes dryer from LP gas to natural gas [ 4 Answers ]

Hi we had our whirlpool our gas dryer converted to an LP gas dryer and now need to convert it back... How do we do this?

Natural gas uses the butane orifice? [ 1 Answers ]

I feel foolish even asking, but I want to be absolutely sure about this. The kit I want to order has 2 orifices, one for LP and one for butane. I just bought a stacked kenmore washer and dryer that has been converted for LP, and I am going to convert it back to NG, but want to make sure that I am...

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

View more questions Search