Ask
    ashley72085 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 05:43 AM
    White covering on cats eyes
    My cat has a white film partially covering its eyes
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Feb 27, 2010, 06:27 AM

Hello Ashley,

A cat has what is known as a 'third eye'. This is to help protect the eye from dryness and damage.

Normally it is not noticeable but if the third eye is showing it often means there is something not quite right with the cat and a visit to the vet is advised.

This is not always the case and a perfectly healthy and happy cat occasionally shows part of its third eye.

There is also another possibility. Your pet may be showing signs of a cataract forming.

My advise is to take him to your vet and let him/her examine your pet to see if there is a problem.

Good luck.

Poseidon
    turtlegirl17 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Mar 9, 2010, 10:34 AM

I would take the cat to the vet because it sounds like its going blind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Watery Eyes Cats [ 2 Answers ]

What causes watery eyes in cats?

My cats eyes are being weird [ 6 Answers ]

Just about 3 days ago my cats eye seemed pink around the outside (the skin) and its been more closed then the other eye and droopy. Now both her eyes are almost shut and she doesn't open them. They are both drooping out goo (or whatever it is) but I'm not sure if its still pink around them. If you...

Can I use visine on my cats eyes [ 1 Answers ]

My kittens eyes are kind of running with a green/yellowish mucus coming out of it and it appears as if they are swelling out with red behind them. She is still playing and rough housing and eating well. This has all just happened within the past 20 minutes. What can I do?

My Cats Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

My cats eyes are very odd looking. The bottom cover that protects the eyes are half way over the eye. They have been like that for 3 days. I'm worried and it's a holiday; the vets are closed. Help!

Changes In Cats Eyes - Brown Blotches/Speckles Have Appeared [ 1 Answers ]

Today I noticed that my 10 year old (indoor only) cat Tazzie has developed patches of brown blotches in both her eyes (not huge but definitely noticeable). She is quite playful and alert but the changes in her eyes kind of threw me into a bit of a panic and I am wondering if this is normal as...

View more questions Search