Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boffoff Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 01:18 PM
    York Diamond 80 Furnace Blowing Cold Air
    York Diamond 80 Furnace Blowing Cold Air. About five years old. Red light is flashing four times.

Mar 5, 2010, 02:42 PM

4 flashes = High Aux and spill limit switch open. What are some suggestions to correct this?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 5, 2010, 02:50 PM
    Try to reset if possible. Many control/temperature disks have a small red reset button in center. If not test controls and replace if defective. The next step will require some HVAC knowledge from a on site service person. Locate the reason for the control that has been activated. In other words they do not trip without reason. Closed registers,dirty air filters,blocked return airs, clogged discharge flue pipe or other items could be a problem and that is what tripped the spill or limit control to start with.
    Good hunting.

Mar 8, 2010, 02:30 PM

I found five control switches and all of them has small reset buttons but none of them seemed to click. I did have some closed registers so I opened them, I checked the furnace's internal filter but it wasn't clogged and the intake filter (in the hall) is almost new. I also took a look down the discharge flue and didn't see anything blocking it.

I installed this unit (with AC) myself. While I am not a licensed contractor, I did remodel most of my home on my own using books and asking a lot of questions. Everything that has been inspected has passed, including my HVAC (I did get a contractor to finish the brazing and charge the system). I realize that times are tough and contractors need work but I am currently between gigs myself and need to keep my family warm so I'm hoping I can get a little more guidance than "call an expert". In any case, I appreciate whatever help you can offer.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 11:23 PM
    Many control/temperature disks have a small red reset button in center. If not test controls and replace if defective

Did you test the controls with a meter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York furnace flash error code 6 times (blowing cold air) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a York (forced air) gas furnace that's 9 years old. Every winter it seems like I have to replace the pressure switch ( round switch with 2 connections & air hose). I hear the blower come on, burners ignite and then within a few seconds they go off with the red light flashing 6 times....

York Diamond 80 blowing cold air. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi All... Hopefully uou can help me out... I have a york diamond 80 gas furnace. It was working fine up until a few days ago.. It began to blow out cold air when the house clearly was not even close to "requested" temp. It turns on, starts the initial motor, the humidifer also kicks...

Furnace diamond 80 blowing hot then cold air [ 2 Answers ]

I have York diamond 80 furnace. It is about 12 years old and works fine. Except one problem happens intermittently. Once a day or a few days, the furnace blows hot air. Once it reachs the set temperature, it will not stop and keep blowing hot air and then Change into room temperature air. Turning...

York Blowing Cold Air - Flash 7 [ 3 Answers ]

York Diamond

York furnace blowing cold air. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old York furnace that intermittenly blows cold air :confused:. When I turn the power to the unit off and back on, it lights normally and will run fine for a few days. This seems to be occurring at night and from the temperature of the house must be when our setback thermostat...

View more questions Search