Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MSLCleaning Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 07:39 PM
    What to price commercial post construction cleaning per square foot
    I own a cleaning company in West Chester, PA, an affluent suburb of Philadelphia. I have been in business for four and a half years now. We mainly do regular, move in/move out, and one time cleaning of homes and offices. I have done a couple commercial and post construction jobs over the years but I don't feel I accurately priced them. I am now looking at getting more involved with commercial and post construction work. Today I did an estimate for a new 18,000 square foot veterinary/animal rehab clinic that was just built. It would be post construction work. There isn't any lumber or materials or anything laying around, just cardboard and paper laid down on the floors and a WHOOOOOOLLLLLE lot of dust. The job would entail wiping down all the beams, lighting and duct work in the two rooms that are two - two and half stories high (which means bringing in a scissor lift I suppose), wiping down everything including the desks and countertops and sinks/wash basins in all the rooms and offices, two bathrooms (one with a shower), all interior windows/glass/mirrors, washing the floors, and then sealing them with a wax/sealant which the client will provide. I have read everything from $.15-$1.56/sq ft in my research and really have no idea what to charge. I also don't know whether to bill it all as one total, or if I should bill for the post construction cleaning and the floor sealing/waxing separately. This client would also like an estimate for regular cleaning thereafter. Any adivce or insight?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 09:37 PM

You have to do a lot of detailed due diligence MSL.

You have to first figure exactly how much time will be involved and how many people to devise your labor costs. Then figure each 'special' job with labor and additional costs including the scissor lift and any other additional equipment.

Your best indicator will b your labor costs.

Add all this up with ALL costs, profit, taxes, insurance (and any other overhead) to come up with a total charge. Divide that by the total square footage to arrive at your price per square foot.

I would bid everything in one price. But CYA always; write a proposal / contract and have it signed by the contractor. Make sure you know what the payment terms are also.

After you finish a section and the client inspects it have a 'sign off' sheet so what you have already completed is ok'ed.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial post const. Clean pricing per square foot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the going rate per square footage for a commercial post construction clean? It is a tim hortons restaurant.

Price for square foot cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How much is for square feet cleaning

How to submit a construction cleaning bid on a 1510 square foot home [ 1 Answers ]

I need to submit a construction cleaning bid on a 1510 square foot home. Not sure how to write it up, please help

View more questions Search