Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redbone10 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 02:50 PM
    Does any presciption drug mimic marijuana on drug test?
    Are there any presciption drugs that mimic marijuana on a pee test? Also, does eating asparagus have any impact since it is an alkaline vegetable? Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 02:54 PM

No, and it is not the alkaline that tests in pot,
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 04:40 PM

It's the THC that is tested for.
    plumberob1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Yes marinal
    eastboi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 08:39 PM

I've been smoking for ten years but gave it up if you really want to do it just do it you don't need anything to mimic it just your strong will power its much easier than giving up smoking fagz
    rhubbard82 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2010, 04:06 PM

Making your blood more alkaline will increase the speed at which you metabolize amphetamines. I don't know about asparagus though.
    bellamitchell12 Posts: 10, Reputation: -3

Jun 27, 2012, 08:13 AM
    No there is nothing that will mimic pot in a urine screen only thc reads as thc in a blood screen, asparagus will only increase metabolism and turn your pee green.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 08:19 AM
    Please keep an eye on the dates - this is a long dead thread. There are more recent threads which could use your input.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bellamitchell12 View Post
    no there is nothing that will mimic pot in a urine screen only thc reads as thc in a blood screen, asparagus will only increase metabolism and turn your pee green.
    Lest this not linger for future observers:

There are several products that will show a false positive on initial screens for THC.

All Proton Pump Inhibitors (prescription)
    Dronabinol (Marinol) (Prescription)*
    Efavirenz (prescription)
    NSAIDs (prescription and OTC)

This list is not exhaustive. There are many other sources for THC false positives in urine, hair and blood drug testing for marijuana use.

Every drug test administered in the US tests for THC and metabolites. It is important that full, complete and reliable information be provided.

*This prescription medication will test positive at both screening and confirmation. It contains synthetic THC.

Ref.
    Medical Laboratory Observer; False-Positive DOA Testing Results Due to Prescription Medications; Amitava Dasgupta, Ph.D.; October 2009

Pain Physician; Protocol for Accuracy of Point of Care (POC) or In-Office Urine Drug Testing (Immunoassay) in Chronic Pain Patients; Laxmaiah Manchikanti, M.D. et al.; 2010

Journal of Family Practice; What Common Substances Can Cause False Positives on Urine Screens for Drugs of Abuse?; E. Chris Vincent, M.D. Arthur Zebelman, Ph.D.;, and Cheryl Goodwin, MLS; October 2006

Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Science; Rational Use and Interpretation of Urine Drug Testing in Chronic Opioid Therapy; Gary M. Reisfield, Elaine Salazar and Roger L. Bertholf; 2007

Mayo Clinic Proceedings; Urine Drug Screening; Karen E. Moeller, PharmD; et al.; January 2008

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you take one hit of some potent marijuana will you fail a urine drug screen? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been put on probation and I enjoy smoking marijuana as a hobby and I am curious as to how much if any I can smoke and still pass urine drug screen I weigh about 140 and I have a fast metabolism and I am pretty active and I drink lots of fluids and I'm not sure if I even get drug tested but...

Marijuana and drug testing for pain management [ 7 Answers ]

If CA law says medical marijuana is legal and I have to take a drug screening test to get my pain pills under my pain mahagement contract, will I be denied my pills for using marijuana? Can my doctor really lose his license for prescribing them to me? This seems to be a contradiction.

Drug Test [ 5 Answers ]

I was taking Cymbalta 20MG and Xanax 1MG for about a year, to help me deal with the death of my brother. I stop taking my medicines several days ago, because they really weren't helping with my depression. My body hurts from head to toe. I feel week and numb. I started shaking last night, so I...

Marijuana and Drug tests [ 4 Answers ]

Hullo there. I have smoked pot before, 4 times throughout last year. They were in spaces of about 2 to 3 months apart from each time. Last time was last Tuesday. (4th time that I had pot) Anyway, here is my question. If I've only had pot 4 times before --- I'm thinking about applying for...

View more questions Search