Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toranderson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 02:39 PM
    How do I stop saddle valve from leaking
    After turning off the valve to remove old plastic tubing and add copper line, when I turned the valve back on, it started to leak out of the point where the handle stem goes into the main body.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 1, 2010, 03:44 PM

If it's leaking from around the stem then tightewn the little nut just under the handle until the leak stops. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saddle valve [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to install a saddle valve for an icemaker/refrigerator. It says the line should be 1/2 inch that the saddle valve goes on. Can it be 3/8 inch instead?

Aquapex with saddle valve? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I bought a fridge that has water dispensing unit and I want to plumb it in. I bought an install kit that came with small copper pipe as well as a saddle valve. I have 1/2 inch aquapex run throughout my house, I was wondering is the saddle valve...

Toilet or stop valve is leaking [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Toilet in basement. Sounds like water is running but can not see anything. The stop valve that turns water off is closed but water is still coming in when I flush the toilet. We have been having a problem with the toilet. When stop valve was turned off no water flowed in. When it was...

Angle stop valve leaking [ 13 Answers ]

My cold water supply line going to my faucet burst so luckily I was there before it got bad and also the valve still works. After replacing the hose I noticed the hot water valve was corroded and was seeping water. So I thought it would be a great idea to replace all the valves and hoses in both...

View more questions Search