Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oyil2010 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 12:56 AM
    I have not gained weight but have gained fat in my arms... what should I do
    I am 35years old... I do yoga 3 times a week but do not practice when I have my periods. I am 5'2'' and weigh about 64kg's. I was told by the doctor at one of the slimming centers that my bones weigh about 49kgs and 59kgs was just the right weight for me.
    I was 58kgs and gained about 20kgs during my pregnancy. My son is 6and half now.
    I had justed doing surya namaskar and noticed that my arms have gotten bigger.. as I got nervous about bigger arms I stopped. That was about 6months back.
    I have lost some inches in my waist but my clothes are pretty tight in arms and chest... please help...
    Desperate big arms
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2010, 01:53 PM

What size in inches or cm are your arms?

Are your arms big from muscle or fat?

Without seeing a photograph, I can't tell, but I'll willing to bet that you are perfectly normal looking and are getting upset over very small changes in your body. If your weight has not changed, then it's very unlikely that any other changes are big enough to be significant.

When you look at a mirror, you tend to see the bits that worry you. So you see big arms and chest, but anyone else would probably see a petite woman with a nice shape.

Feb 24, 2010, 08:27 AM

Hi Eileen

My arms are 10inches...

Thanks for your kind words.
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 11:58 AM

10 inches is THIN for female arms. I suspect that when you started doing yoga, you gained a small amount of visible muscle, and started worrying that you were going to turn into Madonna, so you stopped.

Your own doctor has told you your weight is perfect, your arms are thin by normal female standards, really, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Feb 27, 2010, 09:00 AM

Thanks Eileen G

But got a bigger problem now...

My clothes are pretty tight around the chest are.

I wear 36B size bra, I wear Size 10 trousers and Size 12 tops...

I feel like an upside down pyramid...
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 09:27 AM

The problem is more likely to be your clothes than your body. Clothes sizes vary so much, I've got clothes in my wardrobe from size 8 - 18 (European sizes, not American) and they all fit.

Get an objective friend to point out someone with the same bodyshape as you. You'll probably be surprised to see a perfectly normally shaped slim woman, not a freak. We always see our bad bits when we look in the mirror, not the overall shape.

Feb 27, 2010, 09:38 AM

Thank once again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gained some weight [ 3 Answers ]

is it unusual to gain 5 pounds in a year? ( I'm 15 if that makes a difference )

Gained weight when I got married. What to do? [ 12 Answers ]

Since I've gotten married I've gained about 20 pounds? Anyone know why that is? After the first 5 or 10 pounds, I thought it was just my hormones going crazy (I was a virgin before marriage), but I keep gaining weight! Also, most of it is concentrated in the stomach area, but not in the way it...

Has anyone gained weight on Celexa? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on Celexa for 2 years and have gained 40 lbs. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, what are the withdrawal syptoms of Celexa?

Weight gained from steroids [ 5 Answers ]

I've been given about 5 rounds of steroid pills and shots. Also, Prednisone. I've gained 30 pounds and now have to find a way to lose it. Any suggestions?

Got dumped.gained weight! [ 1 Answers ]

Well my boyfirend and I broke up... I used food for comfort especially chocolate and maccas... I have such a busy schedule that while eating all this food I didn't find time to work it off... so now I've put on 5kg... I just don't have time to work it off now I'm scared that I will continue to...

View more questions Search