Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 08:10 PM
    No heat from one vent
    I have a forced air heating system in my house. It has 5 lower level heating vents and 8 upper level vents. I have attached a diagram showing where each one is located in the house and the path it takes from the main duct. The furnace is on the upper left end of the main duct pictured. The heat comes out of each vent very well with the exception of the one in the lower left corner of this diagram. The corner bedroom. We have a finished basement but I have crawled in the ceiling down there and detached that vent from the main line looking for any jam but it just does not seem to get the same air flow as all the other vents.

Can anyone explain why this would be and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
    Attached Images

parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 06:06 AM

Has the duct work to that vent become disconnected?

Feb 26, 2010, 07:40 AM
    No, I have crawled to it before to check for blockage. In doing so, I disconnected it from the main duct, checked everything, and then re-fastened it. The duct itself seemed fine. There is some air movement through it but very little.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 08:22 AM

Did you have strong air flow when you disconnected it from the main trunk?

Feb 26, 2010, 08:40 AM
    No, I really didn't. Just seems like it's in the wrong spot on the main duct but that shouldn't matter when it's forced air should it.

Feb 26, 2010, 08:58 AM
    The duct in question actually comes off the main line right after the main curve. (above the opening to the basement) It comes out of the top of the duct, turns 90 degrees to the back, goes about 12 inches, then turns 90 degrees to the right, goes about 10 feet, then turns 90 degrees again, and goes to the back wall of the house.

Could there be a problem with it coming out the top of the main duct instead of side or bottom like the others? Problem being right over the basement vent? Problem having too many turns?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower on but no heat coming out of vent [ 2 Answers ]

Furnace blower on but no heat coming out of vent

Heat loss through range hood vent [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new at this... I searched your site for answers to "can you have heat loss thru a range hood vent"? I live in the upstate New York area and it's been below 10 degrees for the last several days. I noticed I have icicles and ice over the vent to my range. I went to Home Depot and found...

No heat coing out of vent [ 1 Answers ]

Heat system was blocked by dirty filter in return. I changed the filter but the system won't blow heat. The fan unit outside is turning but there is no heat coming out of vent. Any ideas? Regular carrier electric system roughly 6 years old.

No cool and heat air through vent [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, A technician came by to fix my heat yesterday. All of sudden there was smoke coming up the vents. I don't know what he did but the heat came on and the a/c worked too. Then last night There was no heat air through the vent. This morning I turn On the a/c and there is no cool air through...

View more questions Search