Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TPR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 02:06 PM
    Clustered tiny callous bumps on hands
    I have callous like tiny bumps on the inside of my hands. Most of which is on the insides of my hands on the fingers. When they start they are red bumps about the size of a pen tip and are tender. When they begin to "dry up" they feel callous like and have pink/redish like dots in the center of the "callous". Although they not are raised a lot you can feel them when you run your fingers across them. There is nothing inside of them and seem to be deeper in my skin. They do not itch at all. Please help
    ctmfp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 12:32 PM

I was curious if you ever found an answer to your question. I have a similar thing, just on the inside/base of the middle and index finger. They look and feel like callouses and some have a reddish/brownish center. They don't itch or hurt and don't seem to be contagious. I just recently moved from a temperate climate to a very hot and humid climate and wondered if that had something to do with it. I've never experienced them before.
    angela43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2010, 02:42 PM
    I have something similar. It has never itched, located on my thumb and index finger 'forming a line' between the fingerprint and the top of my hand. It appears to be callous like. I've had it for almost 20 years. I can take fingernail clippers and trim it just because it's annoying and the layer I take off is not painful to cut. It grows back within a few weeks, although it never appears to grow bigger than the size it was before. I have never gotten a clear answer on what it is. The closest diagnosis has been eczema and he said I was probably allergic to a detergent. I don't think he even had a clue
    hannahbanana12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 01:03 PM
    I also have something similar but they are on the right side of my hand not finger. They have the appearance of poison ivy(Even though I've never had it) but its not red, painful or itchy.
    ctmfp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 01:21 PM
    I actually did up talking to a doctor about it. I never received a definite answer as to what it was but I was recommended to use powder (such as baby powder) to keep the area dry and to wash with a glycerin soap several times a day. I did this for about a week and saw notable improvement. After about two weeks, the spots were completely gone. I haven't used the powder or soap since the weather cooled down a bit but they have never returned. I hope this helps you!
    frumpoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 09:54 AM
    I've also been looking for an answer to this question. I get the bumps on two fingers, near the palm on my left hand and on 3 fingers on the right. It always starts on the same finger on my left hand, with one bump, which becomes a cluster. As it becomes a cluster it becomes more translucent and begins to look like a water blister. They last a couple of weeks and go away on their own. When they get dried out (like after a shower or washing hands with hot water) they itch. I never lance them (I've learned from past mistakes).

I can't figure out a trigger either, since so many things listed as triggers I use or do consistently every day. Suspected triggers that I use/do include: Dr. Brommel's soap (tea tree), smoking, drinking coffee, using most of the spices listed in Wikipedia's article on Dyshidrotic eczema in everyday cooking. In fact, I don't think it's dyshridrotic eczema since every picture I've seen effects the softer flesh on the back of the hands as well and consistently covers the entirety of the digits, not just the front (palm side). I suffered from eczema as a child and I know how it looks/feels, and this is different.

I just took a picture of both of my hands. On the second picture (with the arrows) they've begun to dry out already and look less like blisters. I messed with the color so you could see a better contrast, otherwise it's had to see them unless you know they're there.

Please let me know if this is what you're talking about. I haven't seen any actual pictures when someone describes them of isolated clusters.
    Attached Images

pinkberry23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 01:32 AM
    Mine get clusters of water blisters too and I bust them put peroxide on them and bandage them and it turns into a scab and goes away, but it come back usually the next year and it hurts at first. & It's ALWAYS in the same spot I don't have them anywhere else on my hands. I would love to know what it is.
    iCOACH Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2011, 12:32 AM
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001835

This is what you have
    riahjade03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 09:52 AM
    I have the same tiny bumps, but they're always in groups and they do itch. They only ever surface on ONE finger. (the middle finger on my right hand). I notice they're arriving because my finger gets really tender and then I notice the bumps. They're skin colored at first, but they turn red and sometimes swell.. They usually go away after a week, but I've never been able to find out what it is.
    Passionfire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2013, 02:17 AM
    I get them also.

I know a lot of people here are saying don't puncture them.

However I put a pin and puncture the skin & then peroxyde... x3 per day + washing hands at least 3X per day.

They dry right up & it doesn't last as long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny red bumps on upper under arms, elbows, hands [ 8 Answers ]

I have had these tiny little red bumps, not pimples, with no puss or under material. They are just little raised bumps that itch like crazy. I have them on my underarms, near my armpit, elbow joints(front and back), and my hands. I am just curious as to what this is? If anyone has any info on what...

Tiny red dots on arms and hands [ 1 Answers ]

I was in ballet class yesterday and we were doing a series of turns with our arms to the side (usually, for these turns, the arms are in front of us, like we're holding a giant beach ball). At the end of the sequence, I noticed that my hands and lower arms were a bit itchy (similar to prickly...

Tiny pimply bumps on fingers/hands [ 29 Answers ]

I have these tiny pimply bumps mainly around the sides or top of my fingers.. there is no puss.. no heads on them.. just a tiny raised bumps.. in clusters usually.. although they usually start as 1 and grow into clusters.. they are itchy.. although not enough for me to want to scratch them.. they...

Bumps and redness on hands [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what small bumps and redness on the palms of my hands could be. The bumps are filled with a water like supstance and kind of hurt if I pop them. The redness might be attributed to some soreness that I feel as well.

Tiny tiny bumps [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I am a virgin and have never done anything more than kissing.. I am only 15. I have kissed a person who is sexually active which is why I am worrying about this so much, that's was five months ago I would say. I was just browsing YouTube and stumbled across a herpes film. I got worried...

View more questions Search