Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsboss1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
    Notice of pending action service of process?
    So today, I looked on my door and seen a notice of pending action service of process... The paper has no information on who sent it, no address, email, etc. All it has is a phone number and it says that when I call nobody will tell me what I am getting the notice for over the phone for safety purposes. What's even crazier about this notice is that it states that I have only 1 day to call to "schedule and appointment" and if I fail to do so, I am interpreting my intention to resist or oppose service of process.

Ive read around on this site that a few people from my state (MI) have received these notices on their door for credit card companies, so I assume this is what I am receiving one for but I am unsure. Can anyone tell me how to go about this or how to figure out what its for?

Thanks
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 06:15 PM

It's not a court summons. You're right: it's something done by a collection agency.

Feb 23, 2010, 06:21 PM

Thank you for your response AK Lawyer. I recently started working with a credit restoration company to get this collection agency off my back... do you think I will be fine if Ignore the notice and let the credit restoration company take care of it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 06:41 PM

Yes, it is a bill collector.

But do watch credit restoration companies also, many leave you worst off.

Feb 23, 2010, 06:45 PM

Yes I have checked into this company. I am not sure If I should post their link but they have an excellent standing on the BBB website and respond promptly to emails, calls. I hope it all works out.

Thank you for your reply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is penalty for not responding to a civil action notice. Was left a notice [ 13 Answers ]

What is the penalty for not responding to a civil action notice, just a piece of paper left on my door. I call the number and they said they could not deliver it to me the next day so it had to go back to the lawyer. It is one month later and a second notice was in my mail box. Just a piece of...

Notice of action letter [ 4 Answers ]

What is a Notice of Action letter, my property is in pre-foreclosure? Thank you.

Civil action hearing notice [ 3 Answers ]

I received a civil action hearing notice for a past due credit issue. 1.Can they make me come up with the whole amount at once and not accept monthly installments? 2. Can they take it out of my paycheck without me allowing it? 3. Can they make me sell items in my home to come up with the...

Further action after 30 day notice has been ignored [ 5 Answers ]

I have rental property, that I have had a family in for almost a year. They have not paid rent in several months. 30 notice has been served, ignored and 10 day notice served, ignored after they (magistrate) serves them a 48 hour notice what happens then? If they leave the resd before then and leave...

View more questions Search