Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbdelight Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 11:23 PM
    My one week old puppy eye was swolen now its leaking yellowish and red fluids what do
    My one week old puppy eye is was swolen and now its leaking yellowish and red fluid. I've taken him to the vet and he has another appt. in the morning what can I do tonight to help him?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 21, 2010, 11:34 PM

You can try using a warm, damp, soft cloth or paper towel to clean his eye. Just hold it, lightly but firmly, to his eye for a few seconds. It'll help allow any infection that might be present to drain out, and make it easier to clean later.

Just make sure it's just warm enough to feel body temperature, and damp enough that when you squeeze it as hard as you can, no more water comes out.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2010, 02:43 AM

Like hheath said just bathe it with luke warm water, don't use any soaps.
    Be careful not to press too hard, and don't try to open his eye, just wipe along the lids.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 05:25 AM

You can try polysporin for eyes as well. Just use a Q tip and put it on the lid, and it will run into his eye while it is open. That should help with some of the infection.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2010, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    You can try polysporin for eyes as well. Just use a Q tip and put it on the lid, and it will run into his eye while it is open. That should help with some of the infection.
    It's eyes wouldn't be open yet ;)
    That's why I suggested not pressing to hard or trying to open it, it's about another 5-7 days before they will open and you don't want to be forcing them.
    Dogs Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 06:00 AM

Opps didn't see that! But we have used pollysporin for babies eyes on puppies, but maybe just the warm water until you see the vet.
    Sorry!
    bbdelight Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the responses but unfortunately my little one passed this morning I'm still in morning becasuse this was one of our first litters and I really took to this one
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 22, 2010, 09:05 PM

Poor baby. You should still take him to the vet. They should be able to tell if the other puppies are in danger from whatever took him.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2010, 02:00 AM

I'm sorry to hear that bbdelight.
    I agree with hheath, I would still take the pup to the vet just to make sure it wasn't anything contagious.
    Dogs Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 05:17 AM

Aww sorry for your loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

4 week old puppy just pee red [ 5 Answers ]

1st time it happened our 4 week old puppy of 13 in the litter just pee and it was red. All the others are OK just him. But he is still running around and playing with the others. Should I be concered or just keep and eye on him for a while? He is eating watered down dry food and drinking water from...

7 week kitten with red and swollen eye [ 1 Answers ]

My 7week old kitten has an eye that is swollen red and has discharge we are going to take him to the vet he also keeps sneezing I feel so bad for him it's so sad I can't even wait two days to take him to the vet I'm worried about him

2 week old kittens swollen shut eye [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 week old kitten that one of its eyes is just opened and the other one is very swollen shut and has crusty stuff on the eyelid what can I do?

My vagina is leaking thick fluids [ 2 Answers ]

My vagina is leaking thick clear fluids and has a very strong smell, like a very strong period smell. It leaves all my body smelling like it all day no matter how much I shower. I haven't went to the doctor because I want to know want it is and can I treat at home? Is it from having sex?

1993 Ford Taurus Leaking fluids [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I have a ford taurus 1993, got it used off my uncle, I have noticed that near the hood to the middle, or possibly the driver side of the car, There is a small leak, the fluid appears to be clear, and odorless. My girlfriend also seems to think, there may possibly be a leak near the trunk...

View more questions Search