Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kutie20 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Aug 2, 2007, 10:29 PM
    My husband and mother in law are driving me crazy!
    My name is Sarah.I am 20 years old and I have been married for 2 years. I love my husband with every breath in my body. We have a son who is 10 months old. But lately... for about the last 9 months or so. My husband keeps pushing me to move to Idaho. Which we talked about before we were married that I would not move. My whole family is here and I want my son to grow up around all of his cousins and stuff. He agreed that we would not move. But now it is all he talks about. His mother keeps finding all of these really low paying jobs that do not have health insurance. All which he now want to take. I have some medical problems and our son will need health insurance as well. So we cannot go without it. I keep telling them both that not only was it discussed before we got married that I was not moving but also that there is no way to support a family on the wages. Their answer is well we will just get on the state aid. I was raised to believe that welfare is for people who actually need it. For people who may not be able to work not for a while or something you know. But I am getting so frustrated. My husband has a good job. It pays well. It got us out of debt and it has EXCELLENT medical. But all he does is complain. And his family babies him so much on it. Then his mom told me that he would not feel like this if I was doing my duties as a housewife. Which in her terms are to cook clean and have sex. Also she said I was a bad mother and wife if I was not going do what is best for my husband. You have to realise my husband is 29 years old. And all he does is what his mother wants. THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY and she is driving us apart. What do I do??
    dcole Posts: 38, Reputation: 8

Aug 2, 2007, 11:20 PM
    Sounds like your husband is still trying to be a son to his mother instead of a husband and a father to you and your child. Tell him to be the man in your life and not the child in his mother's life (ha ha - dr laura dribble - I know). You should ask him to tell his mother to respect you and keep the advice to herself unless you request it. Since you already discussed where you would live (smart girl), there shouldn't be any question on moving. And if he's unhappy in his job, he should start looking for another well paying job that meets the needs of your family - IN THE SAME TOWN. Make sure that he understands you perfectly that you will not move and maybe he'll focus his energy on finding happiness where he is now. I wouldn't want to move any closer to an unsupportive mother-in-law who's going to interfere further in your marriage (one more point to bring up to your husband). Good luck and be firm.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 5, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Its not really fair though if you think about it. I kind of have the same situation. Your live around your family but he can not live around his. You need to find a city away from both that way your not showing favoritism to one side of the family. I am originally from Kentucky and my wife is from California. So to make it fair we live away from both in Flordia
    Kutie20 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Aug 5, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Otto186: I have issues that I need to stay with family though. I told him also before we got married that I was not willing to move you have to keep that in mind too. He said that was fine with him. Now because his mommy wants him to move he wants to take all these half jobs. It is not fair to me or to our son.

Dcole: Thank you. The only problem is is that he says his mom is right. Nothing can interfere there. His mom is like everything to him. Which that I have no problem but it is the fact that he lets his mom say all of this stuff to me and does not say anything to her. I am still so confused and frustrated but thank you so much for your help.
    kareness56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 09:52 PM

Have you ever heard the expression "Speak now or for ever hold your piece" You will be in an unhappy life if you do not come to an agreement, if not follow your heart and ask God to give you strength to go the right road, Good Luck God BLess,, Karen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Husband and mother-in-law [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is overly attatched to his mother. He has to call her everyday if he doesn't she gets mad at him. He has to do what she wants him to because if he doesn't she will stop talking to him. We have two children together and he has an older daughter from a different relationship. This has...

Driving Me Crazy [ 1 Answers ]

This is a late 80's or early 90's movie about three or four kids who take oof on there bikes to go camping in the woods by the lake. There is a scene in which a heavy set boy has just gotten out of the shower and is eating a candy bay and driving a remote control car while singing "THE WANDERER!' ...

Crazy Mother in Law [ 4 Answers ]

My husband tells me stories about when he was little and his mom would burn his fingers with matches when he was bad. Three months ago, we had our 15 month old baby boy over their and his older cousin (who is 6) was picking on the baby and yelling at him. My husband told the kid to knock it off. ...

She is driving me crazy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new grandchild with my sons girlfriend. They live together and I have always treated her like a part of our family. She ignors me, and does not care if we see the child or not. She has made the decision to not participate in our christmas traditions this year. How do I deal with an...

This is driving me crazy! [ 7 Answers ]

I don't remember the name of the movie, but it is driving me crazy!! It is form the 80's or 90's. It is about a little girl, and she steps through a mirror in her bedroom and goes to an animated land with little creatures. I think the little girl was brown headed, but I'm not sure. Any help would...

View more questions Search