Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicamrie8701 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2010, 02:39 PM
    My boyfriend wants to be on the birth certificate but I don't know know if I should?
    I don't know if I should he is a nice guy pay the money for him but I still don't trust him all the way I need to know what the por and cons are to maybe help me.Also can he legaly try to be put on it? I just don't want him to try and take my baby from me.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 02:51 PM

The baby is both of yours. And can he take the baby away. Depends on your situation. But as a parent to the child he has legal rights too. He can get his name through the courts put on the birth certificate and he can get his name given to the child. So why are you not wanting to do the right thing?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2010, 02:52 PM

Is the child his? Or is this a current boyfriend?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 08:45 AM

If you know he is the father then obviously put him on the birth certificate. If you aren't sure then go to court to ask for a DNA test first because that is what he will have to do if you don't. Then when the test comes back positive he will be put on there anyway so save the time and money and do it when the baby is born. The only way he will completely take the child from you is if he can prove you unfit (that's pretty hard to do). He will be ordered to pay support and given a visitation order in court so that is something you will have to deal with. Now of course if he isn't the father then don't put him on there because that is fraud (a punishable crime).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

Need birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

How can I obtain my birth certificate while I'm overseas? Or I will have to request it in person?

Birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I am from San Diego California.I have a son who was born in Australia. His mother won't let me see him. I am trying to get some kind of legal custody. I need his birth certificate. How do I go about getting one??

Birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old who has never seen her bio father and I'm not 100% sure were he even is. My husband of 3 yrs wants his last name to be on her birth certificate (she has my maiden name) or to adopt her. Does anyone know the laws in Missouri or a site I can go to so I can read up on our legal...

Boyfriend signing birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

My baby's biological father has not been around for about 7 months now. Not even so much as a phone call which doesn't bother me at all considering he lives 3 hours away and can't manage his money for crap he's financially unstable but anyway my boyfriend has been here for every bit of this...

View more questions Search