Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellcat11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 08:22 AM
    Snapper 5241 snowblower parts diagram/breakdown
    Hi to all, new to the site. I have a Snapper 5241 snowblower that I got used. I have no manuals for it and I can't seem to find anything on-line. I would like to see a parts break down because I believe there are some parts missing. Anyone have any ideas where I might get a breakdown/diagram? I've adjusted the tensioner to the auger belt but I still have problems cutting into the snow and throwing it , especially if it is heavy. I think there is something missing there but I have no idea. Thanks in advance and sorry for being long winded.
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Feb 13, 2009, 01:20 PM
    Looks like you can get individual breakdowns here:

Parts and Diagrams for Snapper 5241 24" 8 HP Two Stage Large Frame Snow Thrower Series 1
    hellcat11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 06:28 PM

jsfocke, Thank-you soooo much. I've been going crazy trying to find the right diagram. Thanks again!
    gibby2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 09:28 AM
    I have a snapper snowblower model 5241 the engines on the blower is a briggs and stratton 5hp 4cc (205).I cannot find the model number.or.type.or the code.they are hard to read.what can I do.gibby2
    gibby2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 09:33 AM
    [QUOTE=gibby2;2221552]I have a snapper snowblower model 5241 the engines on the blower is a briggs and stratton 5hp 4cc (205).I cannot find the model number.or.type.or the code.they are hard to read.what can I do.gibby2 by the way I think the blower was made in 1986.
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Feb 10, 2010, 11:56 AM

I don't find a 5241 with a 5HP engine. I would say that either the model number is wrong or someone has replaced the engine with a smaller one. They do make a model with a 5HP. It is a model 5230 23". You can find the parts for it at: Parts and Diagrams for Snapper 5230 23" 5 HP Two-Stage Large Frame Snow Thrower Series 0

If you think maybe someone replaced the engine before you got the blower then would try the link in the posts before this one.

I hope this helps.

jsfocke
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 05:01 PM

Hi,
    You have received what I would call competent help. The 5241 came with an 8 HP engine as it was. I went to a number of sites. I found for possible models at Snapper. I found the best at:
    Snapper Parts Lists Snapper Engines Parts lists
    I did find another if need be
    Peace,
    Clarke
    clangkam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 11:32 AM
    I am working on a 5241 (no suffix) now. It is an early 1980"s machine and has not had an engine change. It is a 5hp Briggs and Stratton. The parts manual references the 5hp versions in reference to the sheeve that drives both belts. I'm using NAPA 25-7355 for traction and trying a 4L370w.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know where to find diagram for snapper mower? [ 2 Answers ]

I went onto the snapper website and could not find a diagram for a 1994 snapper belt assembly. Can anyone tell me where I might look at? Any help would be appreciated.

Needing Snapper # LT140H38ABV diagram of belt configuration [ 5 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt and guards on my Snapper LT140H38ABV riding mower. I have gotten on the internet and made many calls, to no avail. One of the quills and bearings had to be replaced and it took forever to locate and purchase/ship those parts, that now I can't remember how...

Diagram for installing snapper riding mower front engine lx 1642h [ 2 Answers ]

I need help in installing the main belt for this model snapper. Thanks, Gregory

Diagram of parts [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find missing parts to hang my ceiling fan! AC-552

View more questions Search