Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmloulou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2003, 01:21 PM
    What is money laundering?
    Please explain what money laundering means.

Lou Lou
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Apr 15, 2004, 07:22 PM
    Re: Money Laundry
    The phrase is actually "money laundering" and it is a
    Popular term used to describe the process whereby criminals conceal illicitly acquired funds by converting them into seemingly legitimate income. While the term refers to the proceeds of organized crime generally, it is now most often associated with financial activities of drug dealers who seek to launder the large amounts of cash generated from the sale of narcotics.

So the money comes from illegal or "dirty" activities and the money is therefore "dirty" and the criminals try to clean it by disguising where the money came from, thus, the money is "clean" or laundered.
    Babiker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 03:20 AM
    Money Laundry
    Dear All, wishing you a fine day.

What a fine coincidence that this subject is open for discussion, I am writing my Thesis on Money Laundry and would appreciate any assistance available in collecting case studies and documentaries on this issue.

Thanks .

Babiker
    lukaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2005, 06:53 AM
    Y/ tessis
    I have read your message dated march 05.
    Have you already finished your work?
    I should appreciate your answer because this issue interests me.
    Thanks in advance
    Luis Albisu
    San Sebastian / Spain
    oceanne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 12:44 AM
    Let others or machines do laundry by providing money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identity theft ? And maybe money laundering? I didn't do it. Save me! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. I'm from the USA and I have an account with bodog.com My friend *i believe he did this* stole a credit/debit card and used it to fund money under a false name / address/ etc. he deposited $750-1000 dollars I think into this account and I won all the money.b/c he was cool with losing a lot of...

Money Laundering [ 9 Answers ]

What is the money laudering capitol of the world? This is for a class project.

Money laundering [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to set up a business to accept payments with credit cars. All I would be doing is to receive payment from a legitimate user overseas and give them cash minus a fee for my services. Why would somebody pay me to get cash from me? Because in this country they have exchange control so,...

Anti money laundering [ 1 Answers ]

1. Who is the regulating authority for AML and CTF in UAE? 2. What is Office of Foreign Asset Control (Ofac) list? 3. What are main risks involved in non-compliance? 4. What are the three major stages of AML? 5. Which is the legitimate sources of income below

I received a business proposition, but I think it's money laundering. [ 4 Answers ]

A woman from Denmark said she sells a lot of her products in America, but it is too hard to cash checks, etc. from people in America, so she has offered me 10% of all checks sent to me. What I will do, is, open up an account, and put the money I receive in it, then send her 90% of the check,...

View more questions Search