Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonflyval Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Is this a sign of disrespect in my marriage??
    My husband slaps my butt and grabs my chest waking me up in the middle of the night. He knows he does it and that it wakes me & quite often I can't go back to sleep. Isn't this utter disrespect & why would he do this to me knowing what it does to me? I have asked him to stop and he claims he doesn't know what he is doing... bull! He talks to me sometimes while doing this. What would be a good way to get him to stop without him blowing up at me?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 9, 2010, 07:39 PM

He may not know he is doing it. He may have a condition along the lines of sleepwalking/talking in his sleep. There are a couple of them that the person seems totally awake and responsive, but they are, in fact, sound asleep. I would suggest having him talk to is doctor.

Tell him that you are concerned about his health and get him to see a doctor about his nocturnal hi-jinx. If he won't then, be honest with him that you think he knows what he is doing and you aren't putting up with it any more. He can sleep on the couch, floor, or spare bedroom.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2010, 07:53 PM

Or he may be hoping to get lucky, Perhaps he needs to have some sleep studies done on his sleep habits,
    dragonflyval Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 08:40 PM
    Thank You for the ideas and help.

Hoping to get lucky... no... there are zero issues there! We never have to hope... it is very wonderfully abundant. Which is why I am so frustrated.
    dustdevil Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2010, 11:33 PM

I suffer from sexsomnia which is a form of parasomnia. Usually Monster energy drinks 6-8 hours before bed are the catalyst. It occurs 1-2 hours into sleep.

I'll grope breasts/crotch, kiss and even have sex in my sleep. Unfortunately my brain isn't 'awake', so if the wife is wearing underwear I don't have the ability to understand that it's there, and try to penetrate that anyway.

Not much I can really do about my behavior. Usually I wake up in the middle of having sex. I'm highly energetic while I'm doing this stuff asleep, however once I 'wake up' in the middle of the act, I'm incredibly tired and confused, and usually just roll over and go back to sleep.

My wife would get upset because at the time, I didn't initiate sex often (low testosterone), but I did in my sleep.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 03:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflyval View Post
    Thank You for the ideas and help.
    I hope if it is a medical issue that he is willing to get help. Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 11:44 AM

He sounds like he has a sleep disorder, so instead of getting mad get a doctor. If he gets mad wake him up next time, and tell him he sleeps on the couch until he at least checks it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with disrespect. [ 3 Answers ]

So, I just move into this house with my husband 19 month old son. My best friend calls me after living here for 2 weeks and says her mom is kicking her out and has no where else to go. Along with this immature guy that is mooching off her and everyone around him. And now they have been living in my...

Husband allows others to disrespect me [ 5 Answers ]

I have been married for almost 15 years. In last the 2 to 3 yrs my husband has started being verbal abusive. But, to make along story short he allows his friends and family to say real hateful comments to me and has actually gone along with them . Then later will blame me for it and does not...

Sign sole custody over to my kids father because I was in a abusive marriage and gett [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I let the father of my kids take them until I got out of a abusive marriage and to keep them safe. I finally got away and fled to Wisconsin. But then I still had legal custody over my kids. Some how he got me to sign a paper where he has sole and I have them on the weekends. Ive been back to...

What is right to do when you get marriage after sign a lease [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just married. I couldn't find any law about add my spouse to my apartment lease. He is not a roommate, either one of my kids :p . Do we suppose to pay again appl. Fees?

Disrespect for the Handicapped [ 6 Answers ]

My mother is wheelchair bound. This is not a small issue, as she is unable to use a walker at this point and weighs around 180 bpounds. My mother is 70 years old and so is my father who cares for her full time. Once a week, my father pays my son to sit for my mother for a full day. She enjoys this...

View more questions Search