Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geomargroup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 06:53 AM
    How long will judgement in Georgia stay on my credit report
    I have about 3 judgements. I could not appear because I can't afford a lawyer even for bakruptcy. How long will this be on my credit report? I have a mortgage & current with the first but deliquent on the second mortgage on same property.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 4, 2010, 07:01 AM

Judgments will remain for at least 7 years. The creditor may elect to renew the listing after that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does an unpaid medical bill stay on credit report [ 3 Answers ]

In November of 2001, while I was in college, I was hit by a car. I suffered $28,000 of damage, almost all of which was billed to my parents. Apparently, however, a radiology place took an x-ray and billed me in my dorm. I vacated the dorm after the accident and never got the bill. I have now...

Judgement on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I have a joint unsatisfied judgement from 2002 in the state of Florida. My ex husband defaulted on a lease and never paid them. So the filed a judgement. My ex husband never took care of it and probably never will. I just found out about it because I was applying for a mortgage in NJ. I found out...

Judgement on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I won a judgement in NYC and would like to know how I go about placing it on the persons credit report. I've heard that it's called a fieri facias. Thanks

Judgement on Credit Report [ 3 Answers ]

I had a problem with my landlord a few years back. The check I wrote him bounced, and he pressed charges. I ending up having to pay fines, which I paid on time, and was told that it all would be taken off my record. I think it was called "ARD." My questions is: Why is the total amount of the...

View more questions Search