Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reesemay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Motion to Vacate Judgment, Florida
    I am in foreclosure, and have a summary judgement against me, the lender did not have the original note and mortgage when the suite was filed, and re-established the note and mortgage 6 months into the case, they filed suite and I answered w/ a response to validate and prove the debt, they sent me on the lawyers letterhead a summary of the debt, this case has been going on for close to 1 1/2 years the sale date has been delayed several times by the lenders atty and by me as well, I filed BK and the lenders atty requested a new sale date and the judge approved it, the bk had not been dismissed yet. I then hired an atty who made a notice of appearance and requested mediation and to stay the judgement, to which the lenders atty requested another sale date and the judge approved it, so the lenders atty did not notice my atty. My questions would be... can't this be dismissed or appealed because the lenders atty has not followed the proper proceedures, no note when the original case was filed no notice to the proper atty and a blatent disreguard for the BK? What should I be asking my atty for? I don't think this case should be allowed to continue because of the lenders atty doing all the wrong things...
    reesemay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 09:59 AM

I am in Florida
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 10:21 AM

Hello r:

This is a place where you can get GENERAL real estate information. It's NOT a place where you can learn how to fight your case...

Apparently, there has been a lot of back and forth in your case, and what you do now depends on what has already transpired. So, based on the above, there isn't anyone who can advise you of the next move, except your own lawyer who has hands on knowledge of the case... The only advice anyone can give you here is to ask your lawyer.

The other stuff we're good at, is helping people DO something about their situation.

Given what you've said above, you've already delayed the inevitable far longer than most... As far as I can see, you've thrown down every gauntlet that you can... Yes, there may a few left, but you're running out of options... Clearly, the inevitable IS the inevitable.

So, instead of investing more of your money into fighting this cause, why don't you spend it on a lease? You can't have a lot to spare, can you? I don't know, maybe you do.

excon
    sam2345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2010, 04:10 AM
    I do not agree with that advice ,Don't give up did you file an appear with the supreme court ? Because if the bank had no note they have no standing to sue you they must prove that they have a note at the time of filing research your states statutes and law there is lots of law on the book to help you but you have to know them.And remember that your house was paid for when you signed the note your signature was used to create the so call note/money the bank did not lend you any money,they simply took your note and deposit it in the federal reserve,they did not use their credit create the transaction.see history of the federal reserve and fractional reserve banking.but don't give up the fact that it took so long means that you did not find the right remedy,but that does not mean that there is not one available,I would file an appeal with the higher court,or if the time runs out,I would file a motion,and within 30 days file an appeal that's just my opinion because I am going through the same thing except I am not at the triual stage as yet,so do more research. God bless you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2010, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2345 View Post
    And remember that your house was paid for when you signed the note your signature was used to create the so call note/money the bank did not lend you any money,they simply took your note and deposit it in the federal reserve,they did not use their credit create the transaction.see history of the federal reserve and fractional reserve banking.
    What are you talking about? When you sign a note for a mortgage on a property you are purchasing, the lender prepares a check made out to the seller. The seller cashes that check and the lender's account is debited. Yes the home was paid for by the lender, but the buyer signs a note to repay the lender. In turn the lender is given a lien on the property.

I don't know where you are getting your ideas or info, but its highly unlikely the US Supreme Court would hear a foreclosure case. I'm not even sure the Florida Supreme Court would do so. To appeal a court decision, you have to find some error by the lower court. You can't just appeal a decision because you don't like it.

To Reesemay,
    Your question leaves a lot of unanswered questions. I don't see where you have proof that the lender's attorney is doing all the wrong things. If he is, then your attorney should be filing the proper motions and appeals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion To Vacate Default Judgment [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a time limitation in Miami Dade County, Florida to File a Motion to Vacate Default Judgment? I am attempting to file one for Lack of Service (I have never been served!) on a Default Judgment entered in 09/2001, however, I read somewhere that in the state of...

Motion to vacate default judgment [ 21 Answers ]

What is the time limit to file a motion to vacate default judgment in GA, FL, and VA?

What to do on a Motion to Vacate and Objection to Final Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

This started as a Modification of Child Support. NCP WAS NOT happy with the amount Hearing Officer set and has since hired a different attorney and that attorney has filed a Motion to Vacate and Objection to Final Judgment. What do you recommend I do now? I don't have the money for an attorney and...

How do I file a motion to vacate judgment in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file a motion to vacate judgment in Florida

Just got a Motion to Vacate judgment approved. [ 30 Answers ]

I have a levy placed on my bank account (approx $1,700) in there from a collection agency/law firm for a default judgement they receieved for an old debt dated from 1997. Well I went to civil court and file a motion to vacate and the judge approved it. I served the lawfirm/collection as well as...

View more questions Search