Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dusti011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 06:58 AM
    How do you get cement off teeth from braces?
    Long story short... had to remove braces ourselves, used nail clippers , was easy. Now, how do we remove the cememt?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 07:13 AM

The dental cement should not have been left there in the first place but it can be removed over time, but gently with a dental pick. But normally it will go away in time. Or you can go back to the orthodontist and he can remove the cement safely without damaging the exterior of the teeth.

Tick
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2010, 12:27 PM
    You should see a dentist/dental hygienist to remove the cement. It will generally not disappear over time (sorry tickle). I've found ortho cement on clients who have had their braces off for more than 10 yrs. There is no way to remove the cement at home without damaging the enamel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Top Row of Teeth Stick Out After Braces [ 21 Answers ]

So I just got my braces off today and my top row of teeth stick out. I've always noticed it while wearing the braces but I thought it just LOOKED like my teeth were slanting out because I had brackets on them. But after taking it off, it became obvious that it was no optical illusion. So I was...

Disappointed with my teeth after having my braces off today? [ 4 Answers ]

So today I went to the dentist to take my braces off. When I came home, my parents and my sister immediately noticed that the row of my front teeth were a bit front/out (diagonal-ish). It's not really noticeable if you're far, but you can tell if you're really close. It's not like really serious or...

My teeth after braces [ 12 Answers ]

Hi guys, I got my braces off about 5 months ago. I've been wearing my retainer as instructed and everything is going well. The only problem is, after my braces were removed (after about 3.5 years) I've noticed that my teeth have become REALLY sensitive. What can I do to help this or alleviate...

Bad Orthodontist, Teeth still messed up after braces! [ 23 Answers ]

I am an adult and had braces for 2 yrs and 3 months. My top teeth were straight but my bottoms were a little crooked plus I had an extra tooth on the bottom. Also I had a slight underbite. I went to 3 ortho's before I choose him. All of which told me I would have to have jaw surgery. Hes the...

View more questions Search