Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anu666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 02:50 AM
    Symptoms on an overdose of 8 atenolol 50 tablets
    Could u tell me what are the symptoms if a person takes 8 atenolol 50mg tablets?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 03:16 AM
    Why do you need to know?
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Jan 28, 2010, 06:42 AM

Overdose symptoms might include lethargy, disorder of respiratory drive, wheezing, slow heart rate and irregular heart rhythm, symptoms of congestive heart failure, low blood pressure and low blood sugar. The usual maxium theraputic dose is 50 to 100 mg daily, though some patients may need up to 200 mg daily.

8 pills is an overdose. You should call the doctor and go to ER.

For more information, try this link:

Tenormin (Atenolol Tablets) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisit View Post

8 pills is an overdose. You should call the doctor and go to ER.
    Please be careful when answering these types of questions. Some people want to know the effects so that they CAN overdose. We must be careful how we answer medication questions.
    lushnabi Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2010, 03:48 PM
    If you accidentally took 8 pills and had a fear of dying, you would call the pharmacist or doctor... not turn to the internet. If you seek to end your life, you will first enquire about the number of pills needed to do the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is an overdose on Atenolol serious? [ 9 Answers ]

I have high blood pressure and I am supposed to take 50 mg of Atenolol per day. I forgot I had already taken it today, and I accidentally took two (100 mg.) I checked my blood pressure and it is 110 over 68. I am starting to feel dizzy and I feel like my heart is racing. I googled Atenolol...

Overdose on atenolol [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Dears, I want to know what will happen to a person after a overdose on ATENOLOL (100 tablets of atenolol 100 mg) ? Is death trenchant and 100% certain ?:confused:

View more questions Search