Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhonda osborne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 04:42 PM
    What's wrong with my dog she seems dizzy and she keeps looking up at the ceiling and
    Hi;
    My 4 monthold mini schnauzer/shih tzu mix in the last couple of hours whines when she moves her head it's like she is dizzy she keeps looking at the ceiling and walking backwards, what's wrong
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 07:28 PM

It could be any one of a number of things but if I had to guess I would say she may have had a mild stroke.
    It could also be a neurological disorder or it could be nothing at all... it's best to get her checked out by a vet to rule out anything dangerous.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 25, 2010, 09:51 PM

I would suggest a trip to the vet to make certain that she doesn't have any health problems.

How long have you had her?

If the vet rules out medical issues like ear infections or neurological problems, then she may be hearing something that is hurting her ears.

Does she do it in every room she is in or just one? If she seems to it more in one room than another, do you have central heat or air running with duct work in the ceiling?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 11:01 PM
    Listen for noises, even something that you think is normal.
    My pup was freaking out at one time trying to dig a hole to China because the smoke alarm was doing a slight little beep every so often, letting us know that we had to replace the battery.
    We were so freaked out that he was in pain, we didn't even hear the smoke detector.:o
    When we finally realized what was upsetting him, my husband ripped it out of the ceiling:eek: Just to let you know, it still beeped as he had it in his hand. Ripping things out never really solves anything:rolleyes:
    brabham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 09:17 PM
    My dog was lying on the floor not very alert, twitching his bak legs and couldn't breath well. Tryd to stand him up but he was all floppy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something wrong with dog [ 3 Answers ]

OK our dog has been sick he has been vomiting shaking loss of appetite he is whining and whimpering when touching him and petting him please tell me what could be wrong

What is wrong with my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is a 1 year old female Chiuahua and for the past week she has looked thin. For the past two days she won't eat anything, and she is always shaking and doesn't want to do anything but lay around and sleep. Also there are times where she makes sounds like she is choking or about to throw up. ...

I don't know what is wrong with my dog [ 3 Answers ]

I have a zu that is 2 years old. On Friday he had a sieger, so we took him to the ER vet that same night. They said he should be fine and on Monday to take him to his vet. So we did on Monday, they did some blood work and just found an ear infection and nothing else. I told them how he was having...

What is wrong with my Dog? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a girl Red-Nosed Pitt a little over a year old. She all of a sudden came in from the backyard last night with her left eye almost shut & twiching and is now starting to twich her whole head every little while. She has never done this before. Could she be having an alergic reaction to an...

What is wrong with my dog? [ 12 Answers ]

She has just started acted like she is in pain today. Every time I try and pet her on her head, she squints her eyes as if she has a migraine and her head hurts. She won't eat and she is just laying around. I can't figure what is wrong with her.

View more questions Search