Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariannelisa Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 09:31 PM
    Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent?
    Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection?
    Thanks
    Me
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 3, 2006, 09:50 AM
    No, I wouldn't try that. If your dryer is running, the lint can come out of the bathroom vent, of if your bathroom vent is running, it can come into your dryer.

Vent the two items seperatly.

When you vent your dryer, avoid unnesssary turns, and keep the run as short as possible to help eliminate clogs that can be a fire hazard.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2006, 02:46 PM
    Can't, it is against building codes exactly for the reasons andrew states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry Pump vent hookup. How? - no vent access [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Laundry Tray Pump System connected to my wash tub in my fifteen year old townhome's basement. I was recently informed that it was not properly installed because I never connected the vent pipe from the pump. I had some one look at it and was told that the house's vent system (which...

Dryer Vent [ 1 Answers ]

Why doesn't the water evaporate in my dryer vent?

Basement Bathroom Vent [ 6 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement. It has roughed-in plumbing under the slab for a bathtub, sink and toilet tied to pit for a sewage ejector pump to pump up to the municipal sewer. There is a 2" capped PVC pipe protruding from the first floor bathroom, which is directly above this bathroom. I am...

Bathroom Vent [ 5 Answers ]

We just remodeled a 1st floor bathroom. There is 1 sink, a shower and a toilet. They all drain into a 4" main with the shower at the far end then the sink then the shower. Before remodeling there were 2, 2" vents tapped off the horizontal main, 1 between the toilet and the sink drain entry and one...

Basement bathroom vent [ 5 Answers ]

I want to put a shower, sink and toilet in a basement I am developing. When they built the house they did not rough in any plumbing nor did they run a vent to the basement. After I break up the concrete to install the drains I still have the venting problems. Can I run a vent line horizontally out...

View more questions Search