Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natshep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 07:59 PM
    How do I legally move my child out of state?
    I am a single mother of a 3 year old. I would like to move to another state, I currently live in Michigan. I have an order for child support but receive none. At this current time his father takes him Friday and Saturday. But I would like to move?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2010, 08:05 PM

You have to get the father to agree.
    natshep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 08:07 PM

Even if I have full custody? I chose to let him see him on the weekends
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by natshep View Post
    Even if I have full custody? I chose to let him see him on the weekends
    Right now you choose. If he disapproves of the move and since he has been visiting the child the courts will choose for you. And more then likely they will grant him more then he has now.
    Bottom line is if you want to move seek the courts approval as well as the dads.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2010, 08:35 PM

If there is no court ordered visitation, you MIGHT get away with it. But would you like to move and have a court order you back? Get approval first.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 08:40 PM

Full custody does not mean he does not have a RIGHT to visits, so if he does not have a visitation order and you move, he may file right away for one and a order to make you move back, and if you don't move back, he could even get a order giving him custody.

So it would be best to get his permission

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I move to another state legally with my child? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm unmarried mother living with my 4 months baby in Florida, and I'm planing to move to another state. The problem is the father, he haven't done anything for the child and now he doesn't want let me move. So my question is can I move legally or I'll need to be here in Florida until the baby...

Rights to move to another state with child [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a law in California that prohibits my daughter, from moving to Georgia with her baby without the father's consent? She is not married to the father, but lived with until recently. The baby does have his last name and he signed the birth certificate.

I have joint custody with my ex. Can she move out of state with my child. [ 6 Answers ]

I have joint custody with my ex. She has remarried someone she met on the internet can she move out of state with my child.

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search