Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunbeam55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Divorce after Indefinate Leave to Remain
    I recently obtained ILR after 2 years of marriage to my husband who is a british citizen.
    We have recently had a serious breakdown in marriage and I have left him, one month after obtaining ILR. He is now threatening to report me to immigration on the grounds that I married him through 'deception'. This is ludicrous because we knew each other two years prior to our marriage and I have evidence of joint lease agreements covering a 2 year period prior to our marriage. . Should I be worried?
    chris215 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam55
    I recently obtained ILR after 2 years of marriage to my husband who is a british citizen.
    We have recently had a serious breakdown in marriage and I have left him, one month after obtaining ILR. He is now threatening to report me to immigration on the grounds that I married him through 'deception'. This is ludicrous because we knew each other two years prior to our marriage and I have evidence of joint lease agreements covering a 2 year period prior to our marriage. . Should I be worried?

Frankly speaking, I do not think you have anything to worry about. Your marriage to him was a genuine one, and whatever happened after you were granted ILR is not relevant. Obviously he is angry and is seeking revenge because you have left him, especially one month after obtaining your ILR. Were you actually thinking of leaving him once you have your ILR? Have you used him to obtain your ILR? Those are important questions, nevertheless your relationship to him was a genuine one. Therefore you have nothing to worry about.
    water123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 07:04 PM
    I have ilr and I have minor driving offence (lc 20) and I was giving fine and 3 point in the court,can I still apply for neutralization?
    ACampanella Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 03:23 AM
    Hi Sunbeam, I am in a very similar situation as yours, may I ask what your outcome was?
    ACampanella Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 03:23 AM
    Hi Sunbeam, I am in a very similar situation as yours, may I ask what your outcome was?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

UK Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am an Indian work permit holder working as staff Nurse in the NHS Hospitals, Salford, Manchester, for the last four and a half years. I may become eligible to Permanent Residence/ILR in UK by June, 2008. May I request you to kindly clarify whether my following family members also...

Revokation of Indefinite leave to remain in UK [ 0 Answers ]

If anyone gets Indefinite after completing 5 years on work permit visa but only worked in that company for last 6 months and never worked before in this company but did jobs in other companies.what do you think that how easy to revoke indefinite leave to remain by home office if by any chance they...

Have settlement Visa and unlimited leave to remain, but could be headed for divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is a UK citizen, I am Canadian. We emigrated to the UK in May 2005 and have lived here as man & wife since then. However we are separating and will likely divorce. Will my status in the UK be affected? Will I be deported if we divorce? We had been married for 9 years when I received my...

Wanting to file for divorce and leave state [ 1 Answers ]

I was married in Arkansas in June 2006 and have lived with my spouse in Memphis as Tennessee resident since then. Due to irreconcilable differences, I have decided to file for divorce. I also plan to move back to California within the next few weeks. I have very-little money of my own and I...

View more questions Search