Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJS222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 06:05 AM
    Frozen pipes in cold weather
    Due to cold weather (I presume) when I turned on the tap yesterday no hot water came out, even though heat was on for hours and immersion tank was hot. But cold water was running fine. After a half hour hot water started running, but today same thing happened and this time hot water did not start at all.

What is the cause? If it's frozen pipes would we have any running water at all? And surely we should have been able to use water from the immersion anyway?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 8, 2010, 07:15 AM

Due to cold weather (I presume) when I turned on the tap yesterday no hot water came out, even though heat was on for hours and immersion tank was hot. But cold water was running fine
    You may find this article interesting.
    Can hot water freeze faster than cold water?
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen Pipes ! [ 7 Answers ]

Good day! I have frozen pipes. I have a gas water heater with two zones. The upstairs zone is frozen. Wife left the heat off one day... ahhh. I wanted to try to thaw the pipe, but thought since it has been two+ days the heat upstaris (17 degree's ouside) has been off it might be worthless to...

Frozen pipes? [ 1 Answers ]

I am having siding put on my house. There is currently very little insulation on the west exterior side of my house. I have hot and cold water supply from the basement on the west walls. My wife complained the hot water was not coming out of the sink, single handle. I could not figure out the...

Frozen pipes from well [ 1 Answers ]

OK, dummy me, forgot to leave water trickling last night and temps in the teens. Woke this AM to no water. I live in country and have a well. My husband usually takes care of this and is unavailable to help or talk to about this. Temps are above freezing now(it is 2pm in eastern north...

Frozen pipes - detecting burst pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Cold side of the kitchen faucet was frozen this a.m. Trickle returned this evening, followed by an immediate drop in hot faucet pressure - then some brownish water - the brownish water lasted 20 seconds - but the pressure is still low 1/3 pressure now and can get both some hot and some cold Have...

Frozen pipes [ 2 Answers ]

What can i do when my water pipe appears to be frozen

View more questions Search