Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linksys2000 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Which is more effective fair and flawless or tonique?
    Hey Guys!!

It has been a very longtime since I last wrote a review or asked a question about a product but I am still searching for the perfect skin bleach and will post my results.

Question: Which product is more effective, Fair and Flawless or Tonique? I would love to hear from those who has tried these products.

Happy Skin Lightening!!
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Dec 14, 2009, 01:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by linksys2000 View Post
    Hey Guys!!!
    It has been a very longtime since I last wrote a review or asked a question about a product but I am still searching for the perfect skin bleach and will post my results.

Happy Skin Lightening!!!!
    I'm sure you'll find the best one for you, not every cream works for everyone. It might take a while for you to find your perfect skin bleach.

Keep us updated on your progress:)
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Dec 14, 2009, 01:43 PM

I have recently ordered tonique soap and intend to order from fair and flawless afterwards so that I can compare which is best.

Dec 14, 2009, 11:33 PM
    Sounds fair enough!
    Please keep us posted on your progress.

Jan 4, 2010, 05:11 PM

I ordered 3 tonique soaps and they lasted for approximately two weeks. The soaps are small and they do smell good but sad to say I didn't see much difference at all.
    I am waiting on the arrival of my fair and flawless soaps. They are 7 ounces so they should go far. I don't like to order the cream until I see how the soap works first. Tonique was indeed a disappointment.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2010, 05:20 PM
    ... Is it just me or were there not way more posts posted here by several members.. hmmmm quite odd :p

Lovelee about how many ounces were the Tonique soaps? They must have been quite small.

Jan 4, 2010, 07:27 PM
    I've used Kojic Acid soap, exfoliating/peeling yes. Lightening? Nope.
    I'm not sure if lightening soaps work, an ingredient would have to be left on the skin for a fair amount of time to lighten but cleansing your skin happens so quick. How can it lighten?

I look at lightening soaps as more of a pre-treatment to prepare the skin for the cream, they probably work better together.

Jan 4, 2010, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    ...Is it just me or were there not way more posts posted here by several members..hmmmm quite odd :p

Lovelee about how many ounces were the Tonique soaps? they must have been quite small.
    The soaps are about 3 to four ounces, it smells good and lathers well. It's a good exfoliater but I guess I was expecting more whitening.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovelee View Post
    The soaps are about 3 to four ounces, it smells good and lathers well. Its a good exfoliater but I guess I was expecting more whitening.
    It would have been more beneficial if their sizes were double in size, in order for them to last longer and 7-8 oz being the average standard size amount for soap. Who knows, maybe they'll up their sizes one day.. lol.

But, all of the "lightening" soaps that I have used do not actually lighten, but rather only exfoliate the skin, help even and tone, and remove acne. And I had to let the suds sit on my skin for a minute until dry, and then rinse in order for me to receive any results. The exfoliation then allows the skin lightener to penetrate deeper into the pores, thus having a lighter shade sooner. So, its best if an exfoliator and effective lightener together are used for best results.

Jan 6, 2010, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    It would have been more beneficial if their sizes were double in size, in order for them to last longer and 7-8 oz being the average standard size amount for soap. who knows, maybe they'll up their sizes one day..lol.

But, all of the "lightening" soaps that I have used do not actually lighten, but rather only exfoliate the skin, help even and tone, and remove acne. And I had to let the suds sit on my skin for a minute until dry, and then rinse in order for me to receive any results. The exfoliation then allows the skin lightener to penetrate deeper into the pores, thus having a lighter shade sooner. So, its best if an exfoliator and effective lightener together are used for best results.
    In my experience sometimes the soap does lighten. When I used BioClaire soap alone it lightened my skin. Then I used glutathione soap and it lightened me on its own. I do believe that using the cream and soap together will give better results but as for tonique some lightening should have occurred. Hopefully the fair and flawless will work. Their soap is 7 big ounces for the same price as the Tonique so wishing for the best.
    Golden_girl, what do you use?
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 08:24 PM
    In my experience sometimes the soap does lighten. When I used BioClaire soap alone it lightened my skin. Then I used glutathione soap and it lightened me on its own. I do believe that using the cream and soap together will give better results but as for tonique some lightening should have occured. Hopefully the fair and flawless will work. Their soap is 7 big ounces for the same price as the Tonique so wishing for the best.
    Right now I have been using hq 4%/ra along with likas papaya soap, so far I have lightened really well. But, I'm considering switching up my regimen soon later this month to hq 3%, rq, and some other actives. That's good that several of the soaps have worked for you, may I ask is your ethnicity asian or spanish? I've read members who are naturally fairer have a better chance with lightening soap. I'm brown skin, which is most likely why lightening results are more challenging with soaps but I still like the other effects they have. The bio claire soap lightens skin due to the steroid contamination they do not have listed.
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Mar 13, 2010, 10:46 AM
    In my experience sometimes the soap does lighten. When I used BioClaire soap alone it lightened my skin. Then I used glutathione soap and it lightened me on its own. I do believe that using the cream and soap together will give better results but as for tonique some lightening should have occured. Hopefully the fair and flawless will work. Their soap is 7 big ounces for the same price as the Tonique so wishing for the best.
    Lovelee did you lighten from the F & F soap?
    Danielle1814 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Mar 16, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    I've used Kojic Acid soap, exfoliating/peeling yes. lightening? nope.
    I"m not sure if lightening soaps work, an ingredient would have to be left on the skin for a fair amount of time to lighten but cleansing your skin happens so quick. How can it lighten?

I look at lightening soaps as more of a pre-treatment to prepare the skin for the cream, they probably work better together.
    Can you use Kojic Acid Soap on your whole body?

Mar 16, 2010, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle1814 View Post
    can you use Kojic Acid Soap on your whole body?
    Yes you can, but if your female watch out when using it on your va jay jay:p
    Ouch! It's a great exfoliating soap.
    Danielle1814 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Mar 16, 2010, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Yes you can, but if your female watch out when using it on your va jay jay:p
    ouch!! It's a great exfoliating soap.
    LOL I thought about that too.. thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search