Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4Martinez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 11:41 PM
    Synchron zone valve replacement parts
    I have had two heat/air conditioning guys out to check my unit and they both said that my zone damper needs to be replaced. Apparently I have two for dual control. I have one with a part # that reads 645 24V 60HZ 6W 60 RPH 37944L-6 9218
    The name synchron is on the part. It would be great if someone could help me find a replacement part. I have been on a mission but with no results. After two years with it not working it's about time to fix it. Plus I have a Tri level house and trying to keep it even circulated with warm/cool air is virtually impossible and very expensive with only a pellet stove for heat and a whole house fan for when it's cool out. Anyone??
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 31, 2009, 05:41 AM
    Look at this link

AC Synchronous Motors - Hansen Corporation

There are various damper manufactures of dampers. Do you have the brand name of the company that made the dampoer or a damper model number. There are 1000's of different sychron style damper motors all with different specs. Nothing shows on my electronic catalogue for the number you provided.
    4Martinez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 01:37 PM
    I spoke to my neighbor who has been helping me with this and he said he thought the unit was a Janitrol System. The house was built in 91. (not sure if that matters). Anyway, I can go up into the attach if I have to to see if there are any other part numbers but what I gave you was all that was on the part itself. I have attached photos of the part. Hopefully that is helpful. Happy new years by the way! Thanks for all your help.
    Attached Images

hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 06:15 PM
    Your best bet is to contact Hansen corp mentioned above and see if they can tell you if they made that part. It is modified from standard so it was made for a OEM manufacturer.

OR here might be what you need. Look close at the picture then call them about the motor part. It is the same in appearance as yours with the T bar/coupling connection. They might sell you a motor or tell you where to buy. Try to make sure you get the correct rotation or it can be a problem.
    Attached Images

kdanielps Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 05:49 PM
    I'm sitting here holding what looks like the same motor in my hand. It's out of a box with RCS on it... also: MOTOR, DAMPER, 24VAC, CCW, STANDARD. Model: MS24 STANDARD Part No: 392-00001 Rev:00

A link to them is: http://www.resconsys.com/contacts/index.htm
    I just sent them an email to see if they still sell this part --- I purchased this one a few years ago through smarthome.com - but they no longer sell the part.
    If you find it please post where and I'll do the same.

Feb 10, 2010, 05:51 PM

I should say... a link to the manufacturer... RCS... is...

Feb 10, 2010, 05:58 PM

Here is the reply I just got back from RCS:

We can sell you them direct... $35.00 each + UPS/Gnd.
    We accept Visa or MasterCard.
    Bruce
    RCS, Inc

Ask him to maybe look at this link, but the picture looks EXACTLY the same as the motor I'm holding... yellow wires and all.. mine is also stamped on the side with 24V 60HZ, 6W, 60RPH 37944L-6 0437

Their phone is: 916-635-6784
    Hope this helps
    ABGonza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
    4Martinez - Did you find the correct damper? I have the same problem except it is the 2nd damper (on the right side) with the blue wires. Please let me know if you had any luck with RCS. I called them and left a message but they have not called me back. Please help...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Standard shower valve replacement parts [ 9 Answers ]

I have a vintage single-handle Standard shower valve that is leaking. The plumber tells me that Standard was very high-end in its day, and there aren't any replacement parts available. The house was built in 1929, and I still have the pedestal sink, tub and toilet. If I can't find the repair...

Where to find the model number on my Honeywell Synchron zone valve [ 5 Answers ]

Where to find the model number on my Honeywell Synchron zone valve. I think the Powerhead and/or motor has gone bad. I had no heat in my master BR this morning and after verifying the Thermastat was kicking in I went down and tried to check the valves. This is just 1 zone out of 5 (3 other...

I have a weil-mclain boiler. The zone valve opens but no heat in zone. What do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Have replaced the zone valve actuator, but it doesn't seem to be fixing the problem. What else can I do?

Zone valve parts [ 3 Answers ]

The shutoff ball inside my zone valve fell apart. Are parts loke that available

Zone valve [ 1 Answers ]

Got a white rogers zone valve spinning and not stopping ,has my end switch burned out .

View more questions Search