Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susan7251 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2009, 06:25 PM
    What does a pink sky in the winter mean
    On Dec 27 there was alarge area of pink in the sky,what does this mean?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2009, 06:56 PM

If it was in the morning then either rain or snow later in the day. If it was at night clear skies the next day.

Remember the old rhyme about weather.

Red sky in morning, sailor take warning.
    Red sky at night, sailor's delight.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:03 PM

It means that blue is hiding. :)

It has something to do with the way that the different colors on the spectrum are refracting or reflecting (whichever) on the particles of water and such in the atmosphere.

:D

Dec 28, 2009, 07:24 PM

The sky was dark and only one large area was a beautiful pink with a purple center,the outer aspects of the pink was a baby blue.It was on Dec.27 at 4:30 PM

Dec 28, 2009, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by susan7251 View Post
    The sky was dark and only one large area was a beautiful pink with a purple center,the outer aspects of the pink was a baby blue.It was on Dec.27 at 4:30 PM
    wHAY DOES THIS MEAN?
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by susan7251 View Post
    wHAY DOES THIS MEAN?
    If you asked the question, we already KNOW you want to know what it means, don't repeat it in another post. You've made it quite clear that you want to know what it means the first time.

It's a pet peeve, for most of us here.
    It's not an IM site, it's a MESSAGE board, which means it can take time for responses, simmer down Susie-Q.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Samsung and sky+ [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have just got a 40in LE40A656A1f lcd TV and fitted it to my sky+ box and the picture is crap! The picture was better on my old sony 32in flat screen. I've tried gold scart leads and this did'nt work help!!

Sky Light [ 6 Answers ]

Any ideas how to cover up the sky light opening but still allowing it to look nice with a bit of a design flair to it? The amount of heat that the opening allows to come in is incredible. Well, living in Arizona I guess that's to be expected. My maintenance repair tech said to put Aluminum...

Stars we see in the sky [ 8 Answers ]

I recently found these forums and I really appreciate the knowledge that people share. I have been browsing the forums a few days, already learnt much and I am seeking for more :) - The stars we see in the sky belong to our galaxy? - Are all those stars suns of other solar systems? - Are there...

Pink and Black; Black and Pink 2 times is a charm [ 8 Answers ]

Any color combination, any time, its always a good time :)

Why is the sky blue? [ 8 Answers ]

This is something I've always wondered, something which seems so simple, but yet I'm sure has a more complex explanation. Maybe somebody could enlighten me :confused: Thanks

View more questions Search