Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OrangeDad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 08:26 AM
    92 ranger won't start
    I have a 92 ford ranger with a 4 cylinder Distributorless ignition. It has gotten to where it just cranks and doesn't fire. Changed plugs and wires and still nothing. Any easy way to check the coil packs to see if they are bad? Or what else could it be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2006, 06:56 PM
    When you turn the ignition ON, does the Check Engine Light come on and go off after 2 seconds?

Using a multimeter, verify that all under-hood and under-dash fuses are good; check for any DTCs; and test your Ignition Control Module (igniter), which Autozone will do for free.
    LOJACK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 06:54 PM
    I Can Almost Be Positive That Your Timing Belt Is Broke If It Won't Even Fire It Is Very Possible Mine Did So Before Check Through The Cover When Someone Cranks The Motor Look To See If It Turns Ud Be Surprised

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger [ 1 Answers ]

2001 Ranger. I found dangling down from left side rear a hose with a cilp. It was attached to the axle housing. What is it for and where does it go. It just appears to be some type of air hose but is not attached to anything at other end. Should I be concerned? Thanks

Ford ranger A/C problem [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 93 ford ranger the clutch for the air conditionaer won't engage. The low pressure switch checks out good the fuses are good and the relay seems to be working but I am not getting any voltage to the compressor and ideas.

XP won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Any suggestions on the following would be appreciated. Basically XP won't load up in either normal, or safe mode. It gets as far as that XP logo with the black background and sits there. The blue line in that loading bar at the bottom still moves, and the hard drive light blinks on and off...

My ford 2.3 in a 91 ranger [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys my problem is that I just swaped out a 2.3 for another 2.3 and when it runs it idles fine for a little bit then it seems like starts to miss then boggs out and dies and back fires like a cannon so bad it blew a brand new muffler out of round it kind of seems like it gets a rich smell of...

View more questions Search