Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TitaniumG Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Is the Famous Air Supply Band GAY ?
    I have been seeing remarks all over the internet about how this band is gay.Is there any proof or why do people say this
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Often people say a group is gay because they do not like their music especially if they think it sounds too much like it is appealing to the female audience (girly girl) and no macho sound.
    They say Backstreet boys are gay too.

It usually refers to the music style more than the groups gender preference.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumG
    I have been seeing remarks all over the internet about how this band is gay.Is there any proof or why do people say this

Because sometimes people can, sadly, be unkind. They are a singing group.. and if people like there music.. great... if not... they don't have to listen to it.

People should just be grateful for them lending their talents, although well paid, but to most artist, they love sharing that part of their soul, and not worry about what they do behind close doors.
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Mar 30, 2008, 07:10 PM
    The fact that their band name is Air Supply, I can see why they would say that. I mean, how else can a guy supply air to a woman, unless she is a blow up doll? So it must be to supply air to guys, if you know what I'm saying. A group of guys named Air Supply just sounds gay. You can't really blow a woman. At least it is not very effective. I am not gay, and like some of their music, and am not ashamed to admit it.
    Dlam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 12:05 AM
    I'm going to say yes because during tour they didn't bring their wives up for "all out of love" that is if they have wives which some say they do, but they are 2 men singing a love ballad to each other, I don't know about you but I'd call that gay, they made fun of them for that back when they were somewhat new like on Saturday night live
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2009, 02:59 AM
    Just so others know who continue to post on this thread, it's dated March 30, 2008 and is now old and archived.

Thanks!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 10:26 PM

Who cares? They are great
    yanks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 11:33 AM
    Yes, because they are two men singing a love ballad to each other, and they are kissing distance in concert.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks View Post
    yes, because they are two men singing a love ballad to eachother, and they are kissing distance in concert.

Never assume anything about someone unless you know for sure what you're talking about. Then instead of putting them down, try praying for them...
    mike3568 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 05:38 PM
    Read the lyrics to Sweet dreams, I say yes, but I don't give a rats ***, I love their music
    heather0069 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 28, 2010, 12:33 AM
    Of course they're gay but who cares? I love them!!
    delores36 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 10:02 AM
    People say this because they have never taken the time to listen to them. I am an avid fan of Air Supply,and they DEFINITELY are not gay-Graham Russell is married,and has been for many years. Russell hitchcock has a girlfriend half his age. They both have children.I am so tired of this stereotype. I have met the band several times,and they are two of the nicest guys in the world. Also,their shows are awesome. Even though they have been performing for a long time,their shows are still great,high energy shows. They are always coming out with new songs. And,their music is way better than most of the crap that passes for music now. They are not gay.
    slimothy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 09:02 PM
    What does "gay" even mean in this day and age? I mean if two grown singing soaring ballads is "gay" then you can call me Jim J Bullock.
    DrJHDreisdale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2013, 11:26 PM
    I think people wonder because they're two men who are always singing love songs together, and they hit outrageously high notes.

When you see two guys who always seem to be together, and one is tall while the other is short, people wonder if something sexual is going on between them.

Sex, whether it's one business, is a VERY important thing in our society (we're OBSESSED with it), so it seems natural for people to force others into certain categories, and it doesn't seem to matter if they have factual info to substantiate their claims.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jan 22, 2013, 03:53 PM
    I liked them too, good relaxing light rock. In the 80s people weren't so obsessed about whether celebrities were gay, I don't think it matters, it's their business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My family thinks that being gay is wrong and I'm gay! [ 5 Answers ]

K well I'm gay and my family thinks that being gay is wrong.They want me to get married to someone who is also portuguese or french and start a family.I told my auntie and she was fine with it but she was worried something was going to happen to me.I want to tell my grandma who I absoulutly love...

Furnace Air Supply [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 100000 high efficiency furnace that has return on bottom and installer says he can put it floor and cut case for return in back to allow More space on top of ac coil to connect to duct work. Sound OK?

Air in hot water supply [ 1 Answers ]

Our hot water heater was replaced 5 months ago. Now I get spits and spurts when turning on the hot water. Sometimes the water will run a few minutes before the spitting and sputtering starts. Is there a simple solution for this?

View more questions Search