Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadnlostedddd Posts: 81, Reputation: 8

Dec 20, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Is it normal for girls to get sore after sex?
    The reason why I'm asking is because my ex would always tell me she was sore after sex, like she said sometimes after it would hurt her to sit down, consequently she would never want to have sex multiple times in a row she would always want to take some time off. I never really asked her about it, but now that I've been going through and thinking about our relationship, I've been thinking about problems that we may have had. She would often text me and say that there would be a little bit of blood in her underwear after sex sometimes. The thing is, we didn't really have sex all the time, on average probably once every 2 weeks because we were at diff. colleges, and like I said whenever we visitd, we would only have sex like once because she would be sore afterwards for a day or two.

During the act however she enjoyed it. She would always tell me what I was doing right and often times asked me to go harder(?). Unless she was lying to me for 2 and a half years, she would get off during intercourse maybe 4 out of 6 times, sometimes more than once. I don't think she was lying to me because we were very open about our sex lives with each other and she would take tips out of cosmo and always tell me new things that we should try. The whole sore part is just what baffles me.

I just want to know because she was the first person I had sex with and I want to know if I was doing something wrong so that I won't suck for the next person. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2009, 02:29 PM

Different women like sex differently, if she liked it really rough, then perhaps.
    As for as organism, actually many women have trouble just having sex, unless there is a lot of foreplay before hand,

So don't ever compare to lovers, don't even think that what worked for this one, will work for the next,
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 06:54 PM
    No it's not generally normal to be sore after sex for a woman. It does of course depend on how hard you 'go' at it, but normally sex should not leave a woman sore or bleeding (being sore for a few days after sex is unusual).

What I would suggest is that perhaps she wasn't lubricated enough, or if you used condoms they may have caused irritation.

Good lubrication is the key to not being sore or irritated after sex. Adequate foreplay is also essential because as I'm sure you know, women don't get aroused as quickly as guys.

Lube is easily purchased over the counter these days.
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Dec 20, 2009, 10:45 PM

Being a woman, I have to say that I understand what your girl is saying. She and I seem to be in the same boat; so you and my husband are experiencing the same thing.

I get sore quite often after sex. I'm not sure why though. Gemini54 suggested that there may not have been enough lubrication; I am always more than adequately lubricated, but I still get sore.

Same as your girl, I like sex fast and hard. I know it is going to make me sore afterwords, but that is what it takes (usually) for me to orgasm. Because it is my choice for him to be rough, knowing that I will be sore, I still have sex with him the next day. That is generally because I enjoy sex with my husband so much.

I can't explain why I am sore after sex, there is always PLENTY of lubrication. Although, I can tell you -- even though it may be uncommon -- some women DO get sore after having sex. I would not fret too much about it honestly. It's just something that happens to some women but not others.

Hope I helped!
    Abhay Yuvraj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 08:24 PM
    I experince sex in total 3 tym in my life and I'm 21 years old female but last 3rd tym my boyfriend do intercorse continuously 4 tymz while having sex 2 tymz he used condom and 2 tymz he done without condom and ejaculated outside when not using condom .But after 7 hrs I feel vry much pain in stomach as well as prblm in walking and feeling again and again for pee but it doesn't come also when pee come it is of dark color and I got 2 white coloured acne just abuv my vagina and all this is still continuing till now today it get 1 complete weak . I'm worried now as I don't know why all this happening to me ?
    JessicaW8 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Yes it is quite normal for girls to be sore after sex. It sounds like though, either you were too big for her or she do not get enough foreplay and was not wet enough.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2012, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhay Yuvraj View Post
    I experince sex in total 3 tym in my life and i m 21 years old female but last 3rd tym my boyfriend do intercorse continously 4 tymz while having sex 2 tymz he used condom nd 2 tymz he done without condom nd ejaculated outside when not using condom .But after 7 hrs i feel vry much pain in stomach as well as prblm in walking nd feeling again and again for pee but it dosent come also when pee come it is of dark color nd i got 2 white coloured acne just abuv my vagina nd all dis is still continuing till now today it get 1 complete weak . i m worried now as i dont knw y all dis happening to me ?

You need to open this as a new question. No one will see this except for the people who answered the original question some time ago.

I'm sure you're aware that you took a very large risk as far as pregnancy is concerned. Once he ejaculated the first time (and even without ejaculating) you were at risk for pregnancy and, of course, disease.

It sounds like your bladder is bruised.

You need to see a Physician. You also need to be screened for a sexually transmitted disease.
    WisperWill70 Posts: 277, Reputation: 84

Aug 13, 2012, 02:22 PM
    To the OP: --- it IS normal for girls to be sore after sex depending on their physiology and size and physical health and lots of other factors. Proper lubrication (finding the right friction reducing formulation) and different positions can help - especially if you're large.

Sometimes spotting (bleeding) can be caused by vaginal dryness or small tissue tears, however - if your partner is experiencing frequent spotting or bleeding after intercourse she should see a physician to rule out bacterial infection or inflammation (or growths) in the vagina or cervix.

To the second poster --- you should see a physician ASAP for proper dianosis.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WisperWill70 View Post
    To the OP: --- it IS normal for girls to be sore after sex depending on their physiology and size and physical health and lots of other factors. Proper lubrication (finding the right friction reducing formulation) and different positions can help - especially if you're large.

Sometimes spotting (bleeding) can be caused by vaginal dryness or small tissue tears, however - if your partner is experiencing frequent spotting or bleeding after intercourse she should see a physician to rule out bacterial infection or inflammation (or growths) in the vagina or cervix.

to the second poster --- you should see a physician ASAP for proper dianosis.
    That's good advice, but too bad this thread is from 2009.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore breasts after sex [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This might be a coincidence, but I've noticed that 2-3 days after I have seen my boyfriend, who lives far away and I only see once every 2 weeks, my breasts are sore for a day. I'm on the pill, 3rd week, but it actually happens almost every single time I see him. So I linked the two, and say...

Why don't I like sex as much as other girls? [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a great guy who would do anything for me and my son and I feel really bad that I can't give him one thing that He loves and needs everyday. Yes I am talking about sex. We are 25 yrs old and my sex drive has totally went down hill ever since I had my son who is now 6yrs...

Urethra, Vagina lips sore after oral sex [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend and I had oral sex. He was biting and sucking in and around the urethra and vagina lips. Both are now extremely swollen. Is it normal?

Is it normal that my husband wears girls underwear? [ 12 Answers ]

I found a pair of underwear in my husbands closet when I confronted him about it he was mortified that he had to tell me they were his, is this normal for my husband to wear girls underwear because they are comfortable?

View more questions Search