Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laterstuff Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 06:16 AM
    Gay and loving a straight man
    I am a 45yo male with very strong feelings for a 26 yo str8 guy. Seems every time we plan to have sex, something on his behalf prevents stalls the event such as family. This doesn't seem healthy but then again, I am out of ideas of how to handle the situation.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 06:28 AM

If he is straight,why are you persueing him?

Why not put your energy into finding a date/relationship with someone who has the same ideas as you?

It would seem a waste of time to consider a man who is not gay and worry about something that may never happen.

My advice is to let this one go,and move on.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 06:48 AM

Yes let this go,he's straight you say so it seems he's not interested in a relationship with you.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 07:36 AM

I'd say he definitely is having second thoughts about having sex with you. Give it up and move on. Find someone that you know has the same sexual preferences that you have.

Dec 11, 2009, 10:10 AM

Here is another part of the issue... he lives with me... and HE gets in MY bed every night!!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 10:13 AM

Your posts are not adding up..

If he is getting into your bed every night,how is he making excuses not to have sex with you?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 10:28 AM

If he is hesitating there is a reason ,even if he is sending you mixed signals the bottom line is ,if he is straight ,he may only be interested in you for sex.

If you want to have a relationship where you are used and tossed aside when the fun and games are over ,than go for it.

In the long run,you will be setting yourself up for disappointment and pain ,particularity if you are in love with him.

There must be other, more available and willing people to be intimate with.I would let this fantasy go.Odds of him changing his sexual preference are low to none and where will that leave you?
    Move on.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by laterstuff View Post
    Here is another part of the issue....he lives with me....and HE gets in MY bed every night!!!!!!
    So kick him out.

Problem solved.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 11:19 AM
    He comes to your bed every night, and you haven't explored sex? I doubt if he is making excuses then. More like confusion, or conflict, as to his identity, than it is about sex. Whatever is going on here, you had better clear it up, or tell him to stay in his own bed.

He can't be too straight if he is coming to your bed every night. Seems you should be recognizing his confusion, and helping him rather than worrying over the sex, that's the only unhealthy part here, as I see it. Clearly he isn't ready for sex.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 11:34 AM

Hello Later,

I'm not really understanding this... You say that this straight man lives with you and you want to make love to him, and he makes up reasons as to why he can't, however, he gets into bed with you... WHY? If he doesn't want to make love to you, then why why why is he in your bed at night? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There is more to your story then you are telling. No one can really answer your questions if the whole story isn't being told.

Oh, and I agree with Talaniman. How can you two be in the same bed at night and haven't explored sex yet...

Enigma1999
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:40 AM

I'm confused-he sleeps in your bed but family business stalls sex?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 02:14 PM

Put a lock on your door and use it. He doesn't come into your personal space without your invitation or permission. You don't go into his personal space without his invitation or permission. That would keep him out of YOUR bed.

Does he pay rent? Does he have the impression that 'sleeping' in your bed is paying rent or part of 'being allowed to live there'?

Where's the rest of the story such as what measures you have taken to 'handle' the situation?

Somehow, I get the feeling that someone is playing games and I am not sure which one of you that is or what the game is.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 03:11 PM

Are there other details you haven't disclosed? Sounds like a mess to me. Have you considered getting a different man to share your apartment with?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 09:34 PM

There's no way this guy is straight and he's not playing games. He sounds confused and at 26 you very well could be his first, so naturally, he's nervous and indecisive.

I'm guessing when you say "family stalls the event", you mean his family as in his wife (which would qualify him as straight, I guess) and kid, not mom and dad. That would stop anyone in their tracks.

Talaniman is right again, he is gay but he's just not ready to take the plunge yet and you are pressuring him, even if you've never mentioned sex to him before (you clearly have), I'm sure it's written all over your face. Make this about him, and not you.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 09:45 PM

The only way I see this making any sense is if this "straight" guy is staying with you for free.

Is that what's going on? Is he staying with you, and "paying" his rent with a mere PROMISE oF sex ?

If so, then you are being played, big time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 09:56 PM

I use this example, in cases like this,

First if he is straight he has no desire and does not want to have sex with you. To want to have sex with you he will have to be at least bi and maybe gay

But if he is straight he has no desire to have sex with you. You can want or desire all you want, it sounds like he is playing you? Perhaps for a place to stay ?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 12:06 AM

Well, lots of people share a bed and don't have sex; causes problems for all kinds of relationships.

You need to talk to him about your feelings for him, vs. his feelings for you. If you have discussed having sex with him, and you are continuously turned down, I would say that this is not going to turn out well for you.

If you have strong feelings for him, and he does not have the same feelings for you, and the relationship was just sex, you would also probably be left feeling hurt.

Maybe separate sleeping arrangements would be a good idea until you know better what direction this is heading.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 12:30 AM

I have to agree with everyone else. Something isn't adding up.

If he's straight then he's straight. A straight guy doesn't have sex with another guy. That's why we call it being straight.

If he's gay then he's not straight and he's just not interested in a relationship with you.

If he's bi then he's sending mixed signals, at least according the very little info you gave us.

Either way, I say get over him. Find someone that's willing to have a relationship with you. Although you know of course that sex doesn't equal a relationship. Right?

Dec 14, 2009, 08:44 PM

Thanks for the assistance. He is gone!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 06:03 AM

Good. I think you can do a lot better than someone who at best is confused about what he wants.

Good luck in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loving someone you can't get [ 17 Answers ]

I'm in a fairly hopeless situation now. There is a man I fell in love with, with whom I have a sort of a business relationship as well as frendship. He is managing rock artists and I'm helping him in European promotion. He's 34 and basically an angel without wings... Just the guy I have been...

Is she loving ME? [ 11 Answers ]

I am in love with a girl whom I knew her since my childhood.She herself told me that she likes me but she don't love me. She told that she want a husband who's so caring and loving like me but not me.she gets angry if I talk to other girls. If I ask her about LOVE then she says that am too young to...

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

No loving [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 38 yr woman living with a 46 yr old man. I am so depressed over our relationship. I feel like I don't turn him on. He's not a public display of affection type guy wich I can deal with, but he is always judging woman's looks, says it natural, which I see his mother does the same thing, but...

Loving someone. [ 2 Answers ]

I am falling in love with this man that I have been dealing with for a month and I do not know how to tell him what do I do

View more questions Search