Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcandlish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Flame sensor on Weathermaker 8000?
    I am having trouble with my weathermakerm 8000 gas furnace. I have read of other people having the same problem of the furnace turning on and off and have discovered that I may need to simply clean the flame sensor by sanding it. Can anyone tell me where I can find this on my furnace?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rcandlish View Post
    I am having trouble with my weathermakerm 8000 gas furnace. I have read of other people having the same problem of the furnace turning on and off and have discovered that I may need to simply clean the flame sensor by sanding it. Can anyone tell me where I can find this on my furnace?

Flame sensor
    Attached Images

atif7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 06:20 AM
    [QUOTE=rcandlish;1405859]I am having trouble with my weathermakerm 8000 gas furnace. I have read of other people having the same problem of the furnace turning on and off and have discovered that I may need to simply clean the flame sensor by sanding it. Can anyone tell me where I can find this on my furnace?[/QUOits on left side on the last gas pipe line,line which shoot the flame its three inchs long it can be straight ot tilted there is white wire connected to it there is one small screw that's holding it.
    Take it out and clean it with sand paper and put it back goood luck
    taramears Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2013, 09:21 AM
    It is all the way to the left. You see three burners behind the black pole that look almost like metal cones on the top section of your furnace... the last one on the left all the way to the back has what looks like a small aluminum rod in front of it, it's the only one that has this. Carefully sand it with fine sand paper all around it. Make sure you have turned all your power off etc as it states on the sticker in front of the furnace before you do anything!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 flame sensor [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier weather maker 8000 and have received error 34. I would like to find the flame sensor so that I may clean it but don't know what it looks like. I have surfed the site and am unable to find it. Can anybody help with this. Thank you in advance, TripleT

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 7 Answers ]

Says aux heat is on but blower doesn't come on.Why?

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 furnace and it come on for about 20 seconds then the burners cut off, the fan keeps going and it just keeps repeating this cycle like it is short cycling... Does anyone have any ideas because it is freezing in my house...

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 gas furance... when the thermastat calles for heat the furance turns on it willgo for 3 for 4 min... then the flame stops and the blower runs for the 128 seconds... this is all normal... but the thermastat is still calling for heat and the furance kick on again...

View more questions Search