Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcruz21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Missed a drug test on federal supervised release violation
    My boyfriend is on federal supervised released after serving over 10 yrs for drug charges. He is at the end of the 3rd out of 5 yrs of supervised release. He missed a drug test recently due to work and the PO rescheduled it for the next day. On the rescheduled day, he was running late and called his PO to extend his appt so he can make it. The PO did not return his call. He met with his PO and he was told that he's getting a court date soon and I believe the PO recommended up to 13 months in jail. This is his first violation for a stupid mistake. Is this enough reason to send him back to jail or are there any other options like community service, probation extension, hwh?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2009, 03:49 PM

Yes, missing a drug test twice is more than enough to send him back to prison.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcruz21 View Post
    Is this enough reason to send him back to jail or are there any other options like community service, probation extension, hwh?
    Hello dc:

There are lots of options. If you want the best for him, hire a good lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 08:30 PM

Yes, in fact it is very likely he may go back to jail, missing drug tests make them assume you were trying to get clean before the test
    craig tillman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dcruz21 View Post
    My boyfriend is on federal supervised released after serving over 10 yrs for drug charges. He is at the end of the 3rd out of 5 yrs of supervised release. He missed a drug test recently due to work and the PO rescheduled it for the next day. On the rescheduled day, he was running late and called his PO to extend his appt so he can make it. The PO did not return his call. He met with his PO and he was told that he's getting a court date soon and I believe the PO recommended up to 13 months in jail. This is his first violation for a stupid mistake. Is this enough reason to send him back to jail or are there any other options like community service, probation extension, hwh?
    No I don't think he is going to jail for just that
    craig tillman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 10:29 AM
    No he is not going to jail I don't even think the po violated him for just that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does any presciption drug mimic marijuana on drug test? [ 8 Answers ]

Are there any presciption drugs that mimic marijuana on a pee test? Also, does eating asparagus have any impact since it is an alkaline vegetable? Thanks.

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

Violation of Supervised Visitation, what can be done? [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend has full custody of his 5 yo son. The mother currently has supervised visitation on Sundays that takes place under the supervision of her mother or sister. Yesterday she returned the son and neither the mother or sister were along. Two complete strangers were in the vehicle. When...

Termination or early release of supervised probation [ 3 Answers ]

I am on supervised probation for driving while barred until July of 09' . But my p/o says I have to have most or all my fines paid before then to get off probation. That would be no problem if I lived in another place for the town that I live in is over populated and not enough work. I keep getting...

Traffic violations while on supervised release [ 2 Answers ]

What if a person on federal supervised release gets a traffic ticket out of state and doesn't report it? What are the chances that the PO will find it after 3 years and 3 other driving violations?

View more questions Search