Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mssherryk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 10:42 AM
    How to make naturally black hair med/dark brown
    I would like to be very specific. I need to know how to dye naturally black hair to a med/dark brown color, using only professional products. i.e. exact color name and number, what volume developer, and how much to add to the color. I know ratio is very important. Thanks, mssherryk
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 23, 2008, 10:56 AM
    You can use your desired hair color and a 30-volume peroxide developer in "equal parts" to lift the color a few shades lighter. You may see a hint of red hue in your hair since dark hair has a tendency to pull red tones. If it occurs, you will need to use a green-based ash hair color to counteract the red tones. Leave the hair color application on your hair for 5-10 minutes then wash it away.

It's best to have someone who is experienced in hair coloring to do it for you. If you can't afford to go to a salon, try going to a beauty school in your area.
    eternal18bliss Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 11:14 AM

My hair is naturally black.I want to dye it dark red.im in india and you only get box colors here.what should I do?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 01:58 PM

Do you have any hair or beauty salons where someone who knows how to color hair can color it for you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 5 weeks pregnant with naturally blonde hair but its black! [ 1 Answers ]

I don't want to be ugly throughout my pregnancy with half blonde, half black hair. It says it's not recommended that you dye your hair during pregnancy but there isn't any proof that it is harmful to the baby. Many women dyed their hair throughout their pregnancy and had very healthy babies! I...

Med Red Hair to Med Golden Brown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is the best way to get Med. Golden Brown hair if my hair is Red without the color coming out color coming out orange? Would it be necessary to strip the red out first? Thank you

Dying dark brown/black hair lighter [ 1 Answers ]

I've been wanting to dye my hair a shade lighter or just lighter in general, but I'm not sure that it will work, seeing as I have dark brwon hair. Are there any natural lightening products for dark/brown hair I can use? Or What coulour highlights should I add to my hair?

View more questions Search