Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kraut420 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Goodman furnace will not come out of lockout
    We just installed a 70,000 BTU goodman furnace and it worked fine then it gave the code of 4 flashes. We tested eveything and still locked out.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 01:31 PM
    My book says 4 flashes = a open limit control. Look on the inside of the blower door for your wiring diagram and post exactly what 4 flashes mean for your furnace.

Dec 1, 2009, 01:39 PM

We checked the open limit control and it works fine.

Dec 1, 2009, 01:42 PM
    If you just installed the furnace I would look for a problem with the install. Look over your work again and pay close attention to the exhaust size,length,and termination.

Dec 1, 2009, 01:46 PM

It was installed profesionaly and he checked evrything. Exhaust is 2 inch pvc and runs 15 feet.

Dec 1, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Exact model number?

Dec 1, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Gmh96/gch9

Dec 1, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Here is your complete service manual. You can use this to track down your problem. I suggest you keep a copy of this on your computer for future reference. This manual is also for other units so make sure you are using the correct section for your model number.

http://securenet.goodmanmfg.com/pdf/...S6610004R4.PDF

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman GDH8 lockout, Service Nightmare [ 47 Answers ]

Hi all, Had a Goodman GDH8 installed not quite 2 years ago, last winter just 2 months out of warranty, it started acting up. From what I've read, a somewhat typical issue where the ignition system starts, glows all nice and red, then with a click and a hiss, attempts to light the burner, and it it...

Kenmore 90 Furnace goes into lockout [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace is a Sears Kenmore 90 (Propane) The info on the placard inside the cabinet is: MFG.: HQCD (I believe it to be a TempStar) Model: NULK125DK03867 Mfr. No.:NULK125DK03 The problem: Thermostat calls for heat The ID fan starts and I've inspected the vent and there is air being blown...

Furnace lockout [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace model 394GAZ036100. The problem I am having is intermitant. Furnace will run fine sometimes 6-8 hr, cycles OK and then doesn't start up on calling for heat. If I shut of power and turn it back on it will start and cycle OK. Never has messed up while I am sitting there...

Gas furnace lockout [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace will light, but then the flame goes away within a few seconds. It does this several times and then the LED light blinks six times which the sticker on the furnace indicates means a system lockout. What can I do to repair this?

Gas Furnace Lockout Timer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furnace that I believe has a bad lockout timer. The furnace will sometimes run sometimes run then shut off and other times run fine. When it would suddenly stop I tapped on the lockout timer and it ran again, that makes me feel the lockout timer is bad but now when the...

View more questions Search