Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Nov 23, 2009, 03:28 PM
    How good is volkswagen
    The new Volkswagen TDI has been released and my friend bought one. We own a prius and I've heard it compared to the TDI so I'd like to get people who own the 2009 TDI and tell me what their experience is.
    Sticky Sam Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Nov 24, 2009, 07:36 AM
    I have a new TDi Jetta wagon, brilliant, does about 40/42 mpg on a long run, about 27/30 mpg around town. It is slower on pickup than the petrol version ( I know, I have two friends that have them ) but once up to speed it will stick at 70 mph all day. And if you are looking at/have a Prius, fast acceleration does not matter. It will be noisier than a petrol, less noticeable in the cabin. I have the automatic ( which I regret ) my Jetta does not change fast enough up hill. I now use the 1. 2. 3. O/D gears on some hills. The rear seats fold almost flat for extra storage. My only complaint/observation no 4WD/AWD.
    Sticky Sam Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Nov 25, 2009, 12:00 PM

One other thing about the diesel engine Jetta. It is made in Germany, some petrol engine Jetta`s are made in Mexico which have far more problems.
    Eden69 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 06:42 AM

I own a Golf Mk4 1.6 "2003" with 81,000 miles on the clock. I would say that I'm an average driver, don't speed but I'm not a slow/sensible driver. THIS CAR IS FANTASTIC!! A full tank is about £60 and I can get 400-500 miles out of that. It needs a service as its not running quite right but it starts every time whether its really hot or really cold. The average MPG that I get is 37mpg and that on a journey of about 15miles. I would def recommend on but the down side is that the servicing from VW is expensive.
    Eden69 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Just re-read your question and its not about VW in general but about the 2009 TDi... sorry. VW is a good buy though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Volkswagen Diesel [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 2002 volkswagen diesel (Jetta). It would not start, so I figured it was the battery, replaced that battery, it started right up, the next morning it would not start, what could be causing this? I've checked for trunk light being left on, that is not the problem. Any suggestions?

Electrical problems in 1965 volkswagen [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 1965 bug. My windshield wipers, horn and all lights on one side in the back do not work. Some of the fuses were the wrong amperage and had been blown. I replaced them. Also cleaned the light assembly and made sure it was getting good contact. Are these electrical things possibly...

View more questions Search