Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terribof3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 06:56 PM
    I changed my key lock cylinder out, now the car cranks but won't start.what did I do
    I have a 95 honda civic. I changed the key lock cylinder and now my car only cranks and won't start, is there something I could have done wrong that would cause this? I only disconnected 3 pieces off the assembly to remove it... one wire clipped in the other 2 were connected to plastic pieces that were held on with screws, I didn't mess with the ignition wire. It worked fine before I lost the key, that is why I had to replace it. So is there something I could have done wrong to cause it to crank but won't turn over? I checked the spark plugs and there was oil in around and on them. I cleaned them out but would that cause your car not to start? I just don't know what to check or what to do.
    If anyone has any idea please let me know, thanks.
    TB
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 07:07 PM

If you didn't disconnect the negative battery cable first, you may have blown a fuse. Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 civic lx cranks but won't start [ 25 Answers ]

I'll try to give all the info I can. I bought this car a few months ago , supposed to have about 20,000 mi on a rebuild, timing belt good. The first time, it cranked over, fired, sputtered and died. Then I could crank and crank but it wouldn't fire.When I first turn the key, I can hear the fuel...

Engine Cranks but won't start [ 5 Answers ]

I drove my 97 eclipse gst with 53000 miles the other day and parked it shortly after. It would not start again. Engine would crank but would not start. I checked fuel pump, works when turning the key. I checked fuel rail and it is receiving fuel. I checked spark on all wires it is fine and plugs...

97 honda won't start/cranks won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

My fuses are good. car won't fire but cranks and its getting gas. It was fine I shut it off and 5 min later nothing

My 92 civic cranks but won't start! [ 4 Answers ]

OK so here's my problem. I have a 1992 honda civic ex and I went out to start my car one morning and all it would do is crank but not start. I hooked up a stereo system in it the night before so I thought that could be the problem so I unhooked it and it still didn't start. So I thought maybe the...

94 civic cranks but won't start until CEL goes off [ 10 Answers ]

#1 Jun 15, 2007, 11:40 PM Edeffect New Member Join Date: Jun 2007 Posts: 1 Honda Civic 94 won't start until check light goes off --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View more questions Search