Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetcaroline Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Nov 16, 2009, 02:11 PM
    SAM Vs. Sammy Sosa - What da heck did they use?
    For sam is just lighting tricks or did he really get much lighter?

I have used his 20% product in the past and started to get really lighter, but I stopped last year and my natural color has come back so either way he lied, his product was NOT permenent!

imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Nov 16, 2009, 02:53 PM

Sam used Monobenzone..

Sosa - is using some other bleach.. He is NOT using monobenzone... that's not vitiligo colour...

Sams is vitiligo colour ! But evenly spread!

Nov 16, 2009, 04:51 PM

How did SAM get it to work evenly?
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Nov 16, 2009, 04:55 PM

Hi,

It's obvious that in the first picture, you can see visible tan lines underneath "samirch's" shirt. Note that these are visible underneath his neck as well, and would be plausible to assume that the shade matches his skin tone in the second picture, under intense light.

Nov 16, 2009, 05:23 PM

The pictures are obviously taken in the same almost exact pose and background to sell a lighter look compared to a darker look.
    Are you saying he just got rid of his tan? Or its lighting tricks?

I wish this pic were bigger. He looks bright white here:

Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 05:32 PM
    Sammy looks frightening with those contacts in his eyes, they do not look like the best of brands. But, Sammy S. states that he used a lightening product from Europe.

As for "Sam"... lighting from your lamps and other lighting sources around the house versus standing in a room of darkness can do wonders, except the results are only captured in the camera. But, to me it seems as though Sam still has undertones? Also, he states that he used mono. Beware there are many mono scammers online..

Nov 16, 2009, 05:34 PM

Absolutely. It makes perfect sense that by tanning, you originate yourself as a darker skinned individual, yet upon losing this tan, you manage to market yourself as a permanently lightened individual.

The user himself has been known to be quite conniving; having setup several sites selling misrepresented and largely "fake" products. Some may remember the product "Benzyl-Arbutin", which has never been documented, licensed, or known to work. Apparently this product has provided the user in question with great results, while every other buyer has posted complaints about it.

Nov 16, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Sammy looks frightening with those contacts in his eyes, they don't look like the best of brands. But, Sammy S. states that he used a lightening product from Europe.

As for Sam...lighting from your lamps and other lighting sources around the house versus standing in a room of darkness can do wonders, except the results are only captured in the camera. But, to me it seems as though Sam still has undertones? Also, he states that he used mono. Beware there are many mono scammers online..

Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    Absolutely. It makes perfect sense that by tanning, you originate yourself as a darker skinned individual, yet upon losing this tan, you manage to market yourself as a permanently lightened individual.

The user himself has been known to be quite conniving; having setup several sites selling misrepresented and largely "fake" products. Some may remember the product "Benzyl-Arbutin", which has never been documented, licensed, or known to work. Apparently this product has provided the user in question with great results, while every other buyer has posted complaints about it.
    Several? I have bought his "permanent" 20% micro and benzyl products from depig and herbalinn since 2007 got much lighter, but it stopped working as soon as I stopped!
    That's sad it works permanently only for him and no one else.
    Yes GoldenGirl, in his new winter coat pic he looks kind of dark undertoned, too. But not as dark as his original tanned pic. And very very even, in all his pics, compared to Sammy's blotchyness, which is why I'm still interested.

So onto Sammy, lilgreg if you had to take your best educated guess what would you conclude Sammy has used?

Nov 16, 2009, 05:50 PM

To be honest, I'm in no position to guarantee whether a person has used a product or not.

However, I've based my conclusion off the fact that he is a seller, known to be deceiving and contradictory in statements, along with pictures that once again relate to my proposition of tanning and losing it. As such, it's plausible for myself to believe that 'Samirch' has not used any permanent skin lightener at the very least, including monobenzone.

If you're referring to Sammy Sosa, (hard to tell based upon people referring Samirch to 'Sam' and 'Sammy' in the past), it's impossible for me to give an educated guess. He's used something available to the (extremely) upper class, and as such, wouldn't be something known to the public medical world, nor possibly well-researched or safe. That goes to say that Sammy Sosa has denied lightening his skin with motive, and then went on to keep his solution a secret.

Nov 16, 2009, 06:03 PM
    To be honest, I'm in no position to guarantee whether or not a person has used a product or not.

However, I've based my conclusion off of the fact that he is a seller, known to be deceiving and contradictory in statements, along with pictures that once again relate to my proposition of tanning and losing it. As such, it's plausible for myself to believe that 'Samirch' has not used any permanent skin lightener at the very least, including monobenzone.

If you're referring to Sammy Sosa, (hard to tell based upon people referring Samirch to 'Sam' and 'Sammy' in the past), it's impossible for me to give an educated guess. He's used something available to the (extremely) upper class, and as such, wouldn't be something known to the public medical world, nor possibly well-researched or safe. That goes to say that Sammy Sosa has denied lightening his skin with motive, and then went on to keep his solution a secret.
    Shame on Sammy Sosa he seems really greedy with what he is doing to the media and fans at large.

Thank you lilgreg1 for your honest assessment. I find myself confused about my having gotten so much lighter in 2007, and 2008, and then I haven't tanned a lot, yet I am almost back to as dark as I started.

So I'm my case, I lost what I thought was my permatan for almost 2 years, but it came back without much sun exposure anyway because I took a long break from lightening creams. Right now I'm using pills, supplements.

I just read through some of your others posts, lilgreg1, that you have been using 5% monobenzone with 5% arbutin, since a few months now already, how is that going? Monobenzone patched me up, I hope arbutin helps you lighten more evenly than monobenzone by itself usually does.

Nov 16, 2009, 10:01 PM

I've noticed confetti like patches in my skin previously, but yes, Alpha Arbutin really does go the extra mile towards evening out your skin tone. Scientifically speak, Alpha Arbutin along with other tyrosine inhibitors are one of the only 'skin lighteners' that are proven to work even when your melanocytes become active again. This is very effective for Monobenzone users who don't have vitiligo, seeing as most users begin to darken after a while in spite of their re-activated melanocytes reproduction.

Anyhow, lightening is going moderately well for me. It's slowed down a bit, but I've definitely noticed results, especially after going through a process of using 5% Monobenzone for 2 weeks, taking a break, and using 5% Alpha Arbutin. (Repeated process)

This isn't to say that it'll work for everyone, but I presume that if you have dark olive to medium brown skin (like myself), you're guaranteed some form of positive result. I can conclude that upon reaching complete results, using a maintainer (such as Alpha Arbutin, etc.) will keep my results for however long I intend so. Quite inexpensive in terms of long-term use.
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 17, 2009, 06:59 PM

Exactly... I was going to say this too... that same guy swore by Benzyl arbutin... which we all learned was crap

Nov 18, 2009, 02:49 PM

Yes looks like he has gone back to his old ways with that small jar of possibly mercury laced-cream, its worked fast but it is NOT permanent! And I am looking for something truly permenent!
    YellaGirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Nov 18, 2009, 08:50 PM

Sammy Sosa looks an absolute mess! Yuck!
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Nov 27, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Yes Sammy Sosa looks a mess whereas wam, bam thank you Sam!
    It looks like Sam and Sammy's before and afters are the only 2 people online with shown results.
    If Sam's case is "just" him losing a deep tan and lighting effects, still I can see a dramatic change I want for myself, to lose my own South Asian tan as that itself is not easy. Wish others who claim success would show what consistent lighting and dramatic lightening really look like, if Sam's is not a good example.
    Because, then what is..

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaroline View Post
    the pictures are obviously taken in the same almost exact pose and background to sell a lighter look compared to a darker look.
    are you saying he just got rid of his tan? or its lighting tricks?

i wish this pic were bigger. he looks bright white here:

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaroline View Post
    for sam is just lighting tricks or did he really get much lighter?

i have used his 20% product in the past and started to get really lighter, but i stopped last year and my natural color has come back so either way he lied, his product was NOT permenent!

Sam's result is much better, he looks to have went from a dark brown tan to a pale olive white color whereas Sammy's result looks like a white cast over black skin resulting in that uneven patchy grey zombie vampire look.
    Sammy's before picture on our left has dark lighting and one on our right has very bright lighting, just like Sam's old before and afters, above. 1 year apart too right? Hmmm..
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Sammy's result looks like a white cast over black skin resulting in that uneven patchy grey zombie vampire look.
    Yeah, it does look like that on sammy s.

With Sam, he never came back to explain or make things clear. He just disappeared again, so it's all true.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 28, 2009, 07:34 AM
    LOL! I've encountered Sam many years ago on the old Yahoo brighter skin forum, he's been posting the same old pics for YEARS! I honestly don't think he go that much lighter!

He was never dark to begin with!
    What a shade or two at best, nothing major like Sammy S.
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Nov 28, 2009, 03:39 PM

It's great to see several pics of him on here.
    Where are the others? Nikki? I want to see results from other products, like Fair & Flawless and the dramatic whitening Sepiwhite produces. :)
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 06:30 AM

So what did dear old sammy use any one know
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    so what did dear old sammy use any one know
    Sammy states he used a "lightening creme form Europe". But, that can be anything... and he still could be lying. Before that he said is was skin resurfasing or something like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sammy Sosa Admits to Skin Bleaching [ 53 Answers ]

For those of you who speculated that Sammy Sosa was bleaching his skin and that it was not a skin rejuvenation process, you were right. He will not release what he's using. But I guess Mono mixed with something else? Here's the article and I enclosed a link to the article underneath: Sammy...

What is liquid sosa? [ 3 Answers ]

What is liquid sosa? Can I use it to make a bath soap? Is it safe to use with soap making? How can I make my soap fragrant at the cheapest cost?

Sammy Sosa's dramatic skin whitenining! [ 46 Answers ]

How did he do this.. in 6 months. I wonder what he's using!! It must be some good stuff. From very dark to light!! Taken on May 13th 2009 http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9947/slide353950193large.jpg November 4th 2009.

Dj sammy song [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there's this song by dj sammy that I like it goes something like this "take me to the ocean living with the breeze, take me to the heart summer dreams" Something like that so please tell me the name of that song

View more questions Search