Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissCrimsonTide Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Dark Spots on African American Skin.
    Hi I'm a 24 year old woman whom is very beautiful so I've been told, but there is one majoe problem that I am having I have dark spots all over my body and I am very self concience, I don't wear anything short and I can't even get naked in fromt of my boyfriend... the spots came from when I was younger chicken pox and acne on my body and picking with scars :( I really want to be able to live a normal life with my boo and be happy. He loves me to death but he sometimes thinks that I don't care about him because I won't show too much affection. And its definitely not that I don't love him its because I'm self concience and I don't want him to see my body. :( I'm so confused I have tried everything, Coco butter, shea butter, ambi, aloe vera gel, vitamin e oil, lemon juice, baking soda you name it I've tried it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE anyone help! I think I'm going to have to go see a dermatologist that specializes in African American skin. If you have any suggestions or if you are having a similar problem please post here I would love to hear from you.:)
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Nov 13, 2009, 10:04 AM

Have you thought about a skin peel ?

Nov 13, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Skin Peels and Peeling Treatments for Wrinkles, Acne Scarring & Blemishes

Nov 13, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Amazon.com: Glycolic Acid 35% Gel Peel, 30ml (Professional): Health & Personal Care
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 06:37 PM

I agree with Maharani, skin peels will help the skin to exfoliate and dead skin cells removed. This will help with your hyperpigmentation and for other active ingredients to be more properly absorbed.

Nov 13, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    I agree with Maharani, skin peels will help the skin to exfoliate and dead skin cells removed. This will help with your hyperpigmentation and for other active ingredients to be more properly absorbed.
    Ok that sounds like something I will definitely look into. Quick question which peel do you think would be best for african american skin though?

Nov 13, 2009, 07:07 PM
    I will definitely look into this.
    conesha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 01:02 PM

Hello I have the same problem as you. So what did you end up doing? Im desperate to get rid of my spots. I african american to. And I do the same as not wearing shorts or skirts please help
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2010, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by conesha View Post
    hello i have the same problem as you. so what did you end up doing? Im desperate to get rid of my spots. I african american to. and i do the same as not wearing shorts or skirts please help
    For my acne spots on my face I use hq 4%/ra 0.05%. Scars and darker acne spots on my arms I have been using lactic acid 50% 2x weekly and & hq 4% in the evenings. So far so good, but it would be best to start with a lower strength lactic acid such as 35-45%
    KAREN2727 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 08:17 AM
    I do have the same problem too
    I get so ashmed to show my body to by bf
    The worst areas are my legs, my hands and my bum {}
    Mine started ever since i moved to canada...
    And its been there for years

A friend of mine asked my to try bleaching my body
    But i hv heard so many horrific tales about bleaching... and i am scared to use it
    Bottom line is i am getting married in 7 months
    I need help asap...
    Cos i know i def have to show my body to my man on our wedding night,, i can't deny him that...
    Help some body
    cornelia69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 11:10 AM
    Siggh I have the same problem :( please help people laugh at my black spots on my legs :((

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treatment for Eczema - African American Skin [ 7 Answers ]

While I'm a very fair skinned AA woman my daughter is about Gabrielle Union's complexion. She inherited eczema from her father's side of the family and as she gets older, the breakouts have been more frequent in her face - leaving behind nasty dark spots. She also has these spots on her arms and...

What are the best skin lighteners for african american [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm new to this web site and I'm trying to figure out how everything works but anyway I would like to know the best lightening products that work for African American with a dark complexion.Also the best products lightening black spots on face and lightening area around my eyes and...

African American dark areaS on face [ 1 Answers ]

Hello ,this is my first time asking a question. I am an african american woman with deep brown skin. I have very dark areas beside my nose and on my cheeks. I am now also developing dark areas on my chin.I've tried many types of over the counter skin lighteners, but none worked. Do you think a...

Lighter patches on african-american skin [ 1 Answers ]

Im am 22 yrs old, I do not have a dark skinned tone but not light either, I am somewhere in the middle, I recently developed a lot of light spots on my stomach and legs. My dad had this same problem but only on his back which is where I also had the problem at first. He said his doctor told him to...

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

View more questions Search