Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlc26163 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Formula for current total annual inventory cost.
    Novelty Gifts, Inc. is experiencing some inventory control problems. The manager, Wanda LaRue, currently orders 5,000 units four times each year to handle annual demand of 20,000 units. Each order costs $15 and each unit costs $1.50 to carry. Ms. LaRue maintains a safety stock of 200 units.

a) What is Novelty Gifts' current total annual inventory cost?
    b) Calculate the economic ordering quantity (EOQ).
    c) What is average inventory under EOQ if Ms. LaRue maintains a safety stock of 200 units.
    d) Calculate total annual inventory cost under EOQ.

Now I have figured out B and C, but I am a little confused about A and D, I need to know the formula to use for A that would be before using the EOQ. I am just drawing a blank. I know for D that I come up with 954 by using the units and orders. Is that right. But really need the formula for A. I can't remember or my brain is drawing a blank for this one. Please help me.
    haider78605 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 11:32 AM

One can not determine inventory total cost without the cost per unit of inventory or you are asking for annual carrying cost of inventory. However the formula for average inventory is Quantity oredered divided by 2 + safety stock

Nov 12, 2009, 12:27 PM

Ok if you had to answer the problem above, what would you do for A and D.
    haider78605 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 01:28 PM

Hi

I can't answer the question for you like I can't provide a complete solution as this is against the rules you have to show that you have done some efforts so I can assist you in that..

Regards

Nov 12, 2009, 04:51 PM

OK here is what I have.

for A. all I can figure is the 20000 times 15 = 300,000
    I am not worried about b or c, I have those. But for d I have
    32 x 15= 480
    316 x 1.50= 474

which comes out to 974. For the total annual inventory costs using eoq.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find ending inventory using the average inventory cost method [ 3 Answers ]

The Boxwood Company Sells blankets for $60 each. Purchase 5 units 30$ Purchase 10 units 34$ Purchase 10 units 40$ Sale 3 units Sale 6 units Sale 3 units Assuming that the company uses the perpetual inventory system, determine the ending inventory for the month of May using the average...

Total annual inventory cost [ 2 Answers ]

Novelty Gifts, Inc. is expecting some inventory control problems. The manager, currently orders 5,000 units four times each year to handle annual demand of 20,000 units. Each order costs $15 and each unit cost $1.50 to carry. The manager maintains a safety stock of 200 units. Questions: A....

Calculate the firm [ 1 Answers ]

You have the following information on the You Can Do It Corp.: Current liabilities $100000 Current ratio 2.0 Quick ratio 1.4 Inventory turnover 6x Gross profit margin .20 Given these figures, calculate the firm’s total annual sales (assume that all sales are on credit). Show...

Total annual expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Could someone please tell me if I could include my total annual expenses as some kind of exemption deduction for the 2007 taxes? I'll be filing F1040 NR since I'm a non-resident alien on H1B. Also, my second question is about the OPT to H1B transition... my visa status changed from...

View more questions Search