Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lea11173 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 08:54 AM
    GE Profile Dryer has Deafening Squeel while drying
    I have a GE Profile Dryer, model #DPSR475EWOWW. It also Squeels as the drum turns. I checked out your answers why it does this. Very Helpful. Is there a web site I could get a picture of how to take the back off to get to the problem? Never had to fix anything before but now I am in position of having to do these things myself.:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2009, 09:08 AM

The drum on this model rotates on a bearing in back. This is most likely where the sqeeling is coming from. You will have to service this from the front. Should be 2 screws just above the door on each side. Remove them and the top will lift. Slide the top off forward. Once the top is off, you will see a couple of screws holding the front panel and door assy. On. One on each side inside front panel. Unplug the door harness and remove the front panel and door. Undo the belt and the drum should pull straight out. Watch out not to get the belt hung on the motor. Now you will see the rear bearing and shaft bracket that the drum rides on. It may need to be replaced or just lubed up real good.
    lea11173 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    The drum on this model rotates on a bearing in back. This is most likely where the sqeeling is comming from. You will have to service this from the front. Should be 2 screws just above the door on each side. Remove them and the top will lift up. Slide the top off forward. Once the top is off, you will see a couple of screws holding the the front panel and door assy. on. One on each side inside front panel. Unplug the door harness and remove the front panel and door. Undo the belt and the drum should pull straight out. Watch out not to get the belt hung on the motor. Now you will see the rear bearing and shaft bracket that the drum rides on. It may need to be replaced or just lubed up real good.
    twinkiedooter was absolutely correct. LUBE WAS ALL IT NEEDED AND THE AWFUL NOISE IS GONE. THANK yOU SO MUCH!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer not Drying [ 1 Answers ]

My Dryer is not Drying. Can I fix it myself, or do I need to have a professional fix it?

Gas dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a maytag gas dryer and it stopped drying, so I opened the front and I see that the igniter glows and the flame comes on for a about thirty seconds and then after a while it glows again but no flame, I took off the back vent pipe, and I changed the igniter, what else can it be?

Dryer not drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty about 10 years old. It doesn't dry the clothes completely. I have to put the clothes through 2 cycles to completely dry them. Already checked the air vent, it works fine. What else could the problem be?

Dryer not Drying all the way [ 4 Answers ]

I have a GE dryer that doesn't seem to dry all the way. I've cracked it open and cleaned out all the dust buildup from the vents (there was quite a bit) and the blower moter and blades. Should be clean as a whistle now. The heating element was clean and shows no cracks and looks to heat up OK...

Dryer Not Drying [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Whirlpool Dryer And It Is Not Drying The Clothes At A Very Fast Rate. I Have To Run A Regular Size Load Through The Cycle Two Times Before They Are Dry. My Vent Is Kind Of Weird, Where My Laundry Room Is The Vent Has To Run Up Through The Roof And I Don't Know If This Has Something To Do...

View more questions Search